“Great....But was paid for by my company...”

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I recently stayed Downtown Cincinnati for a work related function. My company paid for our rooms for the night at the Hilton in Downtown Cincinnati. Parking was easy, checking in was quick…we were able to get in our room before noon. Our room was facing the river 23 floors up, the view was nice. The décor was great all aspects seemed very original…dated to some but really neat to us. Everything was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, a huge walk in closet, the bath was cool….a shower with 7 shower heads! The bathroom was dated but again all original and neat.

The hotel is connected to the skywalk which made it easy to walk to our event next door. We went out that night to the new casino the free shuttle stopped right in front of the hotel every 30 mins all night long.

We live within 30 mins from the city so if the room wasn’t paid for we would not of stayed. but if we were not local and traveling to Cincinnati it would definitely be a place worth staying at.

Room Tip: Higher the better, the king rooms were very nice!
There are newer reviews for Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very pleasant stay! For those who have business in the immediate downtown, very convenient. Connected to the walkways...good restuarants. They even shuttled me to my business location when it was raining!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the Special Occasion Package for an overnight downtown. This included a bottle of champagne, a tray of gourmet chocolate covered and sprinkled strawberries, a gorgeous flower arrangement from Adrian Florist, breakfast buffet for two, turn down service, and late checkout. Worth every penny for the pampering! We checked in 90 minutes ahead of check-in time with no problem and were upgraded to a king bed suite on the top floor with a corner view of Fountain Square to the east and the Ohio River to the south. We also asked and were granted a later-than-usual check-out of 2 pm, instead of the late 12 pm checkout as we were having high tea at Orchids in Palm Court the following day. The room was very clean and neatly furnished and the floor was quiet, as I requested. We had a comfortable bed with six dreamy feather pillows. The breakfast buffet in the Grille at Palm Court was bountiful and delicious. The hotel is beautifully maintained in the Art Deco style and the entire time we were there, I imagined myself on the set of The Great Gatsby. Local folks who do not go to this hotel for high tea, a romantic dinner, or an overnight getaway are really missing out on a true historic gem in Cincinnati. We were treated very well by all staff with whom we interacted. The breakfast buffet in the Grille at Palm Court was bountiful and delicious.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the easy walk it afforded to a two-day business meeting I had in downtown Cincinnati and didn’t really know much about its history or beautiful Art Deco style. It is a historic property, and my experience was in line with this. I was upgraded upon check-in which was a pleasant surprise and my room was quite large. I was right next door to the vending area on the 8th floor and was concerned at first it would be loud, but I didn’t hear it at all! Interesting architecture in the room was pleasant, although the bathroom was extremely small and lacked vanity space. Ventilation and in-room temperature controls were great. My only ‘complaint’ would be the lack of outlets near the bed for cell charging; my cell doubles as an alarm clock and I like to have it nearby.

Hilton offers free wi-fi in the lobby and business center, but in-room requires additional payment. I don’t know why hotels (particularly the larger more expensive ones) cannot seem to get past this extra bit of revenue – it feels petty. Anyway, the property was beautiful, the staff friendly and helpful, and valet parking was the way to go.

1  Thank ChristiCN
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

As a local, I have always stayed at a neighboring hotel for our staycations. Not anymore! The Hilton in downtown cincinnati is amazing. The decor and history are just an appetizer for whats to come. The service and cleanliness were so impressive. The location is perfect and if you need to get any shopping done you have a Saks, Macy's and Tj Maxx all within 500 feet from the hotel! Visit the restaurant in the lobby, Orchids at PalmCourt. The menu, both at the bar and restaurant, are sure to blow your mind. Breakfast is also amazing! Overall, I loved this place and it has become my NEW go- to place to stay here at home!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is well situated in the middle of downtown Cincinnati within walking distance to many nice restaurants and venues. We stayed just one night, but would love to stay longer next time and explore more of the exciting downtown life.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Netherland Plaza has a lot of history and the self guided tour is fun, as you wander around and think of all of the famous people that have stayed there. The property has been overhauled a bit, but it still has some smaller rooms, which is what we stayed in. Even though it was smaller rooms it is located in the heart of Cincinnati. Lots of great restaurants near. Great bar area within the hotel as well. This is a solid choice.