I stay at this hotel everytime I have a meeting with Procter and Gamble. They are right down the street and it's an easy walk. When I checked in the guy at the desk told me they had recently renovated the rooms and I should be quite pleased. I admit it could've used an upgrade. They put me in a suite on the 20th floor. Great view of the river. The suite was poorly remodelled in my opinion. All they did was remove the wall between two rooms. So it had a bedroom, living room and two bathrooms. Both bathrooms were quite smalll and I kept bumping into walls and the door. The shower curtain is not of the curved type so when I showered I kept touching the curtain which I find a bit revolting. How long have curved shower curtain rods been used in hotels, 15-20 years?
Overall I think the hotel is a pretty good value and I'll stay there again. I just wish they would do a better job of upgrading rooms if they're going to spend the money.
I didn't eat in the restaurant but will next time. The concierge lounge was decent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1. Opened in 1931, this updated National Historic Landmark and charter member of Historic Hotels of America is one of the world's finest examples of French art deco in existence. Located within Carew Tower with shops & restaurants and centrally located across from Fountain Square. Within four blocks of 90+ shops, restaurants, bars and attractions including Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium. One block from Duke Energy Convention Center and connected via skywalk. Renovated guestrooms feature mini fridge, safe, wifi access, flat-screen tvs with expanded high-definition programming, new seating, sound dampening blackout curtains and soft goods. Award-winning on-site dining including Forbes Four Star rated Orchids at Palm Court, named #7 Best Restaurant in the USA (OpenTable, 2014); casual dining in The Grille at Palm Court; relaxed fare, signature cocktails & private label microbrew in The Bar at Palm Court. Complimentary access to The Gym at Carew Tower, a 13,000 sq ft fitness facility located in hotel's lower level, with a pool, Jacuzzi, 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, free weights and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hilton
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Ohio