I'm an everyday business traveler and found many aspects of this stay to be less than satisfactory. I'm fairly confident that the room I was provided was the smallest room I've stayed in. The rooms are also quite outdated, as the bathroom and closets are also small and inconveniently styled. The toilet has a kind of "gas station style" to it, not anything like you'd have in a home or hotel room. One of the telephones was also out of order.
I paid to have dry cleaning completed while on-site, and for some reason the bags were not brought back as advertised....I had to pick them up myself from the valet.
The worst part about the room was definitley the carpet....it had a very sticky feel to it. I've only experienced that in one other room (Holiday Inn, Terre Haute, IN). You should never expect that disgusting feeling in a name brand hotel located in a large city. I was repulsed to walk around in the room.
There were a few good items to note: The hotel provides access to a full gym in the lower level, free of charge. The front desk staff also seemed relatively friendly. The common areas of the hotel are well decorated and the lobby/restaurant have a good atmosphere at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1. Opened in 1931, this updated National Historic Landmark and charter member of Historic Hotels of America is one of the world's finest examples of French art deco in existence. Located within Carew Tower with shops & restaurants and centrally located across from Fountain Square. Within four blocks of 90+ shops, restaurants, bars and attractions including Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium. One block from Duke Energy Convention Center and connected via skywalk. Renovated guestrooms feature mini fridge, safe, wifi access, flat-screen tvs with expanded high-definition programming, new seating, sound dampening blackout curtains and soft goods. Award-winning on-site dining including Forbes Four Star rated Orchids at Palm Court, named #7 Best Restaurant in the USA (OpenTable, 2014); casual dining in The Grille at Palm Court; relaxed fare, signature cocktails & private label microbrew in The Bar at Palm Court. Complimentary access to The Gym at Carew Tower, a 13,000 sq ft fitness facility located in hotel's lower level, with a pool, Jacuzzi, 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, free weights and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hilton
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Ohio