New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West

Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Louisville, Kentucky
“Clean hotel and the only hotel I saw in the Cincinnati West area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

If you are traveling and need a hotel in this particular area this is the only hotel I saw the whole time I was there. We were there for a tournament and the hotel was full because it was the only place to stay where the tournament was located at Western Bowl. I was not unhappy with the hotel in general but thought for what I got it was a bit expensive. I heard rates were higher because of the demand that weekend.The negative was the TV remote was broke and so they had to fix that, and I could not keep a internet connection. I only needed it for entertainment not business so not a big deal just inconvienent. The breakfast is one of the best ones I have had, actually had hot food. Eggs with cheese, Sausage and gravy. There was enough to choose from. I paid $125.00(includes tax) and if the internet was working properly I might not be as critical, or if there was a iniside pool it would have been better. There is no restaurant or bar but there is a Meijers across the street and a food/bar place called Buckheads that was inexpensive and a great atmoshere (for families as well) if you don't want to travel far. Only because of location would I stay here again for the money. The staff was very friendly and willing to help,which is a big plus and the rooms were clean, beds are comfortable and I slept very well.

Room Tip: There are rooms that connect to others if you are traveling with families that want to socialize. I...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Cateyes C,

Thank you for your review. The Staff and I hope you enjoyed your time here in Cincinnati while attending the Hoinke Bearcat Classic and that we were able to correct the problem with your remote control. I wish we were brought aware of the internet problems you were experiencing so we could troubleshoot and correct the issues. Each of us here at the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West look forward to serving you again in the future!

Ken Broering, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while on a long road trip home. We had to find a hotel that excepted pets, and this was our choice due to the reviews. It was in a great location and very convenient from the highway. We arrived late in the evening, and the staff who greeted us was very friendly and accomodating. We were recognized as Platinum Members and offered the standard member gift bag. For whatever reason, we were upgraded to the suite, but this was done before we arrived at the hotel...maybe they were full? We weren't complaining, it was very nice, very clean and very spacious. It made for a nice restful night in preparation for another long day's drive :). We left very early in the morning, so we didn't get to try the breakfast. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear LvngOnEdgeofAmer,

Thank you for your post and for being and for being an IHG Rewards Platinum Member. The staff & I are pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West during your recent travels. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations are your feed back is important to us. All of us here look forward to serving you again in the future!

Ken Broering
Sunbury, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My company sent me on a last minute business trip & had not booked a room. I choose this place cause it was close to my destination & glad I did. Very friendly staff & the room was clean & comfortable. Nice breakfast area. If I ever have to travel this way again, this will be my first choice to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West as your last minute find and for providing feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting you again if the need arises.

Kindest regards,

Ken Broering
Madison, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I was traveling on vacation through Ohio in route to New York. When I checked in I was not recognized as a GOLD PLUS member which shocked me!!

When I asked about the situation I was told that it is up to the different properties how they treat Gold Plus members. This is the second time this year this has been an issue at check-in. Either make it a minimum recognition so we don't have unfulfilled expectations. Please help...

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear RockyTop1,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this experience to my attention and want to apologize that we did not recognize your IHG Rewards Club Gold Status and to thank you for your patronage.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are important to us. The feedback I receive from our valued guests, like you, enables me to target problem areas and to take necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. It is the hotel's policy to greet and recognize all IHG Rewards Member along with their status at check in. I will be having a meeting with the Guest Services Staff and will be utilizing this this review as a training opportunity to ensure all Guest Services Representatives are properly greeting all IHG Rewards Members.

Once again, I appreciate you taking time to share your comments with me and want to thank you for being an IHG Rewards Gold Member. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will to continue to choose Holiday Inn Express for your future needs.

Sincerely

Kenneth Broering
Melbourne - Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Found this hotel very good, good sized rooms, clean, very helpful check inn staff and very adequate breakfast, great location. Enjoyable stay - thank you and would definitely use it again and recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were in town for a funeral and this hotel allowed out of town family members to stay for a discounted bereavement rate. We appreciated being together to share rides and have coffee together in the mornings.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SarahBee60
durham, nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Aside from "breakfast", which was really subpar, I have nothing bad to say about the place. But nothing good either. Front desk attendant should thin about finding a job that doesn't involve hospitality. Place was clean, away from everything, safe, I think... order your cab in advance. Internet connection was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
sejalarch, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Herve_8,
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are most helpful. I believe we can improve on every item you mentioned: breakfast food, front desk service, cab availability. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Safe travels!
Management Team - Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West