“Great Last Minute Find”

Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My company sent me on a last minute business trip & had not booked a room. I choose this place cause it was close to my destination & glad I did. Very friendly staff & the room was clean & comfortable. Nice breakfast area. If I ever have to travel this way again, this will be my first choice to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West as your last minute find and for providing feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting you again if the need arises.

Kindest regards,

Ken Broering

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I was traveling on vacation through Ohio in route to New York. When I checked in I was not recognized as a GOLD PLUS member which shocked me!!

When I asked about the situation I was told that it is up to the different properties how they treat Gold Plus members. This is the second time this year this has been an issue at check-in. Either make it a minimum recognition so we don't have unfulfilled expectations. Please help...

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear RockyTop1,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this experience to my attention and want to apologize that we did not recognize your IHG Rewards Club Gold Status and to thank you for your patronage.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are important to us. The feedback I receive from our valued guests, like you, enables me to target problem areas and to take necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. It is the hotel's policy to greet and recognize all IHG Rewards Member along with their status at check in. I will be having a meeting with the Guest Services Staff and will be utilizing this this review as a training opportunity to ensure all Guest Services Representatives are properly greeting all IHG Rewards Members.

Once again, I appreciate you taking time to share your comments with me and want to thank you for being an IHG Rewards Gold Member. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will to continue to choose Holiday Inn Express for your future needs.

Sincerely

Kenneth Broering

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Found this hotel very good, good sized rooms, clean, very helpful check inn staff and very adequate breakfast, great location. Enjoyable stay - thank you and would definitely use it again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were in town for a funeral and this hotel allowed out of town family members to stay for a discounted bereavement rate. We appreciated being together to share rides and have coffee together in the mornings.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SarahBee60
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Aside from "breakfast", which was really subpar, I have nothing bad to say about the place. But nothing good either. Front desk attendant should thin about finding a job that doesn't involve hospitality. Place was clean, away from everything, safe, I think... order your cab in advance. Internet connection was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
sejalarch, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Herve_8,
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are most helpful. I believe we can improve on every item you mentioned: breakfast food, front desk service, cab availability. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Safe travels!
Management Team - Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were only here for one night, but it was a nice and comfortable stay. The rooms are pretty large and clean. The continental breakfast was bigger/nicer than I expected and everyone was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed at a couple of Holiday Inns this year and my biggest hesitation about this property is the lack of an on-site restaurant or bar. Granted, everyone needs a car to get here but not everyone wants to drive to a bar to meet up with friends also in town for an event. Front desk staff were VERY nice as was the staff person overseeing the breakfast area. Guest room was decent sized. Closet area needed more skirt hangars (we use them to hang men's pants to minimize wrinkling or the need to iron).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear SamanthasDad,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I sincerely apologize for we fell below your expectations. As a brand standard, our hotel does not have an on site restaurant to differentiate ourselves from other brands within the group, as such, we offer complimentary breakfast as an alternative. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Dhan M