I stayed here for the 4th of July weekend, primarily for the Reds game. I'm from NYC and I like to go to a different baseball stadium every year. The hotel is in a great location in terms of the proximity to the stadium.
It’ll cost about $30-35 from the airport and will take approximately 15 minutes by cab. Checking in was a breeze. Liz and Heaven were both extremely helpful in answering all of my questions regarding the area.
There’s a market in the lobby that sells Starbucks coffee and a bunch of other ideal breakfast items, as well as salads for lunch. This is a great option for when you don’t want to spend too much and have a light meal.
The hotel bar was outstanding. I always sample local brews when I travel. Craig, the bartender, was great in providing info on the beer they had and the places they are brewed. They had a huge selection of local brews. The food was quite good as well. There was also a woman tending bar who was very nice but I don't remember her name.
The pool is on the 5th floor, it’s quite tiny but what I love about the Hyatt is they do utilize their space well. I spent a little time on the deck outside, and it was fine. Nothing fancy, but the option is there to use it. There is also a 24 hour gym located on the 2nd floor.
The room I was in was a king room. Like most rooms in Hyatt hotels the look of the room was very modern. Some reviewers have complained about the size but the room was perfect for me. There was plenty of space in the room which consisted of a desk/chair area, and another chair with an ottoman. There was enough closet space as well.
The staff was great, the room was great, and the location of the hotel was great.
It’s also a 20-30 minute walk or an 8 minute cab ride ($9.00) to Newport, KY. If you have time head over to Newport on the Levee. It’s got a bunch of bars, restaurants, an aquarium, a Game Works, a comedy club, and a bunch of shops. I had no plans to go there but I’m very glad I did. There are great views of the river and the Cincinnati skyline from there. I took a cab there and then walked over the bridge after.
I strongly recommend this hotel!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the newly transformed Hyatt Regency Cincinnati and experience a hotel offering every possible convenience under one roof-including the city's largest hotel ballroom. Set conveniently in the heart of city, connected to the Duke Energy Convention Center and steps from an array of attractions and entertainment venues, the regal Hyatt Regency Cincinnati reigns supreme amongst downtown Cincinnati hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Cincinnati
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati Ohio