“Hyatt Regency Cincinnati”

Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
New York City, New York
“Hyatt Regency Cincinnati”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was in Cincinnati for a United Supreme Council conference. The restaurant/dining options were excellent. The hotel is in a great location and is within walking distance to several downtown attractions. I stayed in the single, king sized room. The view was amazing and the bathroom was clean and large enough for one or even two people to use. Overall, the room was large, quiet and comfortable. The staff was very helpful; they were courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. The valet service was $28.00 a day, which was pretty expensive, but the only other option was to park in a parking ramp approximately two (2) blocks away for $16.00 a day. Katie at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly as well as Matthew who helped with the concierge service. To my understanding, this hotel has been renovated recently. They have done a great job and it has a very modern look. The fitness facility has a wide variety of machines, the business center is modern but you do have to pay to use the computers. Wi-fi is not free in the rooms and the snack shop on the bottom level is very expensive. Overall, the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati was in a nice location and had comfortable rooms. It's a home away from home and I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Cincinnati.

1 Thank DJK30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business. Upon arrival I valeted my car for 28 dollars. The check in process was easy. The girl had me checked in with my key in hand in less than a min. There is a library, bar/restaurant and a market. I got one drink at the bar, Coors light bottle , for 5.34. A shot of decent whiskey was about 12 dollars. If you want a cheap and good bar go to locals sports bar on 7th a block away.
The room was quiet and sort of small. The beds were comfortable but I noticed 2 odd stains on my comforter. The rest of the room is what you'd expect. Flat screen tv, iron, desk, random hotel furniture and a closet. Water pressure in the shower was fantastic. However this hotel is a little pricey and I feel like you could find a better hotel for the price but this is by no means a bad hotel. I would absolutely stay here again but I will look to see what else is around first. All in all a good experience. I did see some people complain about the valet service. I can say that the valet did adjust my seat and change my tilt steering however I did not notice any other changes or anything missing. The valet service was quick and timely.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank tab32
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed May 26, 2014

In Cincinnati for a United Supreme Council...hotel service was good...in the dining room...housekeeping superb...staff readily available and friendly. Banquet food was bad but too large capacity..large number of tables set up in hallway... dont know whose decision that was...very tacky considering price of ticket. However...generally...loved everything else. Katie at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. Will be back!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ree902
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have stayed here in the past. I almost passed on it because my memory was of a hotel that was showing its wear. Turns out it has been renovated. Now it is like a brand new hotel. I was delighted by the new look. Of course you can count on the comfortable Hyatt bed.

Breakfast buffet is particularly good.

Room Tip: Choose the buffet but special order your eggs.
1 Thank David C
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your stellar review. We sincerely appreciate it. I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and are excited as we are about our recent renovation. I will pass on your comments. We look forward to your next stay.

Regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here Memorial Day weekend for a conference and totally enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean and I loved the grey decor of our street facing room. The hotel is minutes from Fountain Square and the stadiums....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your 5-star review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated hotel and all it's ideal location has to offer. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Apparently the Hyatt was renovated recently and while it was bright and cheery I was not overly impressed as a Hyatt. It's an old hotel and as such there are many limitations that one can do to bring it up. I will say it's located is superb and your right in the middle of everything downtown ( was attending a conference at the Hilton).

The staff is well trained and very efficient. I found it odd there was no dedicated check in for Diamonds nor much of a recognition, but thats ok.

Dining is sufficient food was acceptable.

Chicago
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had a quick 1-night stay here for our son's college graduation. We didn't use any of the dining or other facilities but our room was very nice with a view of the river. We walked to Fountain Square for a great Italian dinner at Via Vite and back for pastries at Graeters the following morning.

One negative: when we arrived on Friday evening, the driveway to the hotel was clogged with 20+ parked cars so we could not pull in to drop bags and use the valet parking. We sat in traffic on 5th Street for quite a while before having to drive to a self-park and haul our bags through the pedway to the hotel. Apparently the hotel was hosting a wedding or some other event and did not properly schedule their valet staff. After that frustrating start, we enjoyed our brief stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Allow me to congratulate you on your son's graduation from college. I am sure you are very proud of him. Thank you for choosing our hotel to mark this memorable occasion. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful views from our rooms. It seems you also had the opportunity to experience some of what our great city has to offer. I do however apologize for the less than stellar start to your stay upon arrival. Thank you for bring it to my attention, as it is something that has been addressed.

I hope you do get the opportunity to come back and explore our great city. Please think of Hyatt should your travels allow for a return.