Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
$88
$85
$106
Travelocity
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelocity
$329
TripAdvisor
1,471 results
All reviewsred roost tavernconvention centergreat hotelthe duke energy centerriver viewfountain squarevalet parkinghotel restaurantwalking distancereds gamepaul brown stadiumbusiness tripnice roomconvenient locationself parkball parkvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I booked online and got an option if there was a suite available for an upgrade. We were awarded the upgrade which worked out wonderfully. I went with my wife and 3 kids, and my brother and sister-in-law and their two children. The suite was perfect. We called down to the desk after noticing that there was another adjoining room and got my brother and his family moved to that room. That way we all could enjoy the suite and we could watch the kids and they could play together. What a difference this made. We could all eat together at the dining room with takeout and there were 3 bathrooms. The only problem I had was the valet that is hired to work there. A couple of the guys were great but there was one that was extremely lazy. After my car sat there for 4 hours, finally at midnight I went and asked when they were going to park my car. The guy had the nerve to argue that it was not my car. From the front of the vehicle I described the sticker on the back window and the plate number (From a state that does not use front license plates) He still said it wasn't my car and I asked to see the keys and the showed him the claim ticket. He literally just walked away. This review would have been 5 stars without the annoyingly lazy valet guy. He even moved the car 3 times in the 4 hours I was there. Just park yourself and save 12 bucks plus tips. Overnight parking is 16 bucks, its 28 to valet. I mentioned this to the front desk but they seemed uninterested and told me they hire it out.

Room Tip: Caution when using the valet. Upgrade to the suites, they are great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you so much for posting your review. I am happy to hear that you were upgraded to a suite during your stay. It seems that you and your family indeed had a wonderful time and were able to experience all of our amenities. However, your experience with the valet was not acceptable, as they were clearly not performing to our usual standards. I definitely understand your frustration. Please know that your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department head and has been addressed accordingly.

I truly appreciate you sharing your comments with us, as it is through guest feedback that we are able to pinpoint areas of concern and improve our facility and services.We look forward to an opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Natasha Hristovska

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Room 1810
Stay dates - March 24-26 (two nights)
Hotel staff: very efficient, friendly and helpful
Room: nicely renovated (save the shower/tub combo) and very clean with a pleasant fragrance. View of the river/bridges. Modern furnishings and relaxing colors. I really liked the KenetMD toiletries - great scent and high quality. Some visible remnants from the previous incarnation of the room include a rather outdated tub and shower tiles and some warped formica in a non-matching color on the window sill. Not a big deal, but seems like they could have taken the renovation 100% of the way? Regardless - these issues did not affect the quality of my stay which was very good.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in downtown Cincy.

Trip purpose - my company held a team meeting here.
Good to note: the catering for our event was very good. Also, the sandwich I had in Red Roost was yummy. Service was a little slow though.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a river view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We arrived on Sunday night with 2 kids. The staff was attentive and wonderful with the questions they received from 2 children who were very excited to be at their destination.
Renee at the front desk was very informative and knowledgeable with restaurant recommendations when we went back to the lobby a short time later.
Many thanks to the group for making stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The good:
- Loved the city view from the 22 floor, (city view > river view here)
- Newly refurbished rooms are well decorated and appropriately furnished.
- The carpet, drapes, and such all felt clean and plush. Actually everything was very clean and fresh
- Great housekeeping services
- Room service was prompt and delicious
- Red Roost for breakfast buffet was fresh and had variety from fruit and cereal to pancakes and bacon ($16/person)
- Large flat screen TV in the room
- King bed was very comfortable
- Walkway to parking garage was convenient
- Great location downtown, within walking distance to downtown restaurants and shops

The bad:
- If we weren't hyatt members in room wifi would have cost $6/$9 per day (depending on speed)
- The TV didn't have many channels or high definition
- Standard tub and shower deal with cloth curtain
- We had a "corner room" which included a "smaller" bathroom, meaning you have to dance around the toilet to close the door
- Paying to park is lame but big city standard

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

this hotel is attached to what was once a thriving mall.. only saks and macys are open now and rumored to close soon as well. shame cause the idea is great.. lobby area is nice but the rooms are a bit dated.. carpet appeared old and dirty.. which affected the comfort of my stay. The tub was a typical shower/tub combo, nothing special considering the hefty pricetag per night stay. The staff were aloof, but approachable. Valet parking is available for $25/night or you can self park for $15/night. Location is good with a shuttle service offered for trips to the Horseshoe casino several blocks over. Restaurants and bars within walking distance as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends