“Great hotel downtown ”

1)Large rooms
2) very clean.
3)Bed is comfortable
4)Great breakfast.

The bathroom was a little small but everything else was great so would not let that stop you from staying. Has parking garage around corner or you can valet car.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bernylloyd
Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My buddies and I stayed here for a weekend of partying downtown for a bachelor party. There was an R&B festival with R. Kelly that happened to be that weekend at Paul Brown, so the place was slammed and a little rowdy. But, the hotel seemed well staffed and the front desk was quick with the check in. The hotel was newly remodeled and the rooms were chic and comfortable. Also, I had a tasty breakfast sandwich and coffee at the lobby cafe. It's in a central location, but downtown is small enough where you can walk everywhere anyway.
A couple gripes, the elevators took forever. I found out that they are upgrading them, but a sign saying "sorry for the inconvenience while we renovate" I think would've been appropriate. Also, what hotel makes you pay for wifi these days? I couldn't believe that a downtown hotel like the Hyatt would make you pay $7.95 (or whatever it was) for a wifi connection.
I enjoyed our stay here and the elevators are probably back up and running, but I don't know if I'd stay here again on the principle that no hotel should make you pay for wifi in 2013. They need to work it into the room rate or something, because I hate looking at unexpected charges.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The outside and lobby are beautiful, the rooms are like a cheap motel. You can hear every door open and shut all night. Bed is lumpy. Hall light didn't light up room enough and had trouble finding a switch to get light.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Becky K
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your most recent stay at our property. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the elevated noise levels you experienced, as well as the inadequate lighting in your room. Please know that your comments have been passed on to the appropriate department head. We try to accommodate each of our guests beyond their expectations, and I do hope to have that opportunity with you. Again, thank you for the constructive criticism.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel on a Sunday afternoon and immediately felt rushed and lost. I guess the staff expected me to know what I was supposed to do with valet and check in even though this was my first visit. I just felt rushed by the staff.

I love the openness of the lobby and the decorating scheme.

Since this was a business trip everything was already paid for before we arrived. Unfortunately my co workers room somehow got charged to their personal credit card and turned out to be a mess to correct. This was very frustrating.

My room, although small, was a nice room. It did not have a bath tub. This was a first for me. The only big issue I had with the room was that the bed had some kind of cover or memory foam fitted sheet that would not stay put and was completely uncomfortable.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brittantom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I normally avoid the Hyatt after a bad experience a couple years ago, but due to all the other hotels being booked I had no choice. It turned out that it was a welcome surprise! Upon entering the hotel it was clear to see how much time and money they have put into renovating and cleaning up the hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and I was settled in quickly.

The rooms have been upgraded and are very comfortable. The washroom is still a little dated, but defiantly adequate. They had some great touches, you can now order things to your room you may have forgotten such as a toiletries or even a yoga mat. They also have a small cafe/restaurant that is open early in the morning which offers Starbucks coffee and great on the go alternatives for breakfast if you don’t want to order room service.

My trip was extended from 2 days to a week and they were able to accommodate me to stay in the same room, receive a package for me, and helped accommodate all of my needs. They also have a great gym at the hotel which had earphones I could use since I had forgotten my own.

Overall I was blown away from my stay here from the new upgrades, how helpful the staff were and the great location downtown. I will defiantly look at staying here again on my next trip to Cincinnati.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ashgToronto

Thank you so much for the stellar five star review of Hyatt Regency Cincinnati! I am so glad you enjoyed the authentic service of our staff, as well as the recent renovations completed this year. We love our location in downtown and I hope you do get the opportunity to come back and explore our great city. Please think of Hyatt should your travels allow for a return.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just got back from staying at the Hyatt in Cincy. They have recently updated all the rooms and common areas and it shows. My room was very clean and well appointed with a great couch in the suite area for watching TV and just relaxing. The location of this hotel is perfect. It's only a $30 cab ride from the airport so if you don't want the car rental hassle you can cab in and walk to the stadiums or the Duke center.

We used the pool and the business center and both were very clean.

The hidden gem of this hotel is the restaurant. The menu is amazing, after the game we loaded up on some amazing food, roasted bone marrow and shrimp, perfect chicken wings, short rib pasta. You don't have to find a restaurant in Cincy this one is great! Breakfast brunch, my son paid his age $7 and the adult cost wan't bad either.

What I'm saying is if you need a hotel in Cincy, this is should be your first choice. GET THE WINGS!

Almost forgot the Lobby Market, had a great selection of fruit, salads, and all sorts of grab and go snacks. And from Check-in the Check-out all of the staff was smiling and courteous without that overbearing fake friendly. Great Hotel.

Room Tip: I got a suite so my 7 year old could go to sleep and I could watch TV in another room, the Suites ar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank firepat90
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review of Hyatt Regency Cincinnati! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. As you could see, we recently completed a $23 million renovation and are so excited about all the wonderful feedback we have been receiving from our guests. You obviously enjoyed your experience at Red Roost Tavern; and yes I agree, the food is indeed amazing. Please allow us to be of service the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was one of a group of seven fraternity brothers staying here for an annual reunion weekend. At the center of these reunions each year is visiting a baseball stadium that we have not been to before. Cincinnati's stadium is downtown so we chose the Hyatt for it's proximity. Great hotel, great downtown, great ballpark and nice city. The Hyatt is convenient for experiencing the great urban scene that Cincinnati has developed. We all come from different cities, mostly larger ones, and we all agreed that downtown Cincy, and its people, were terricifc. As for the Hyatt, I recommend it! Very clean and nice with great beds, nice lobby with its own library, great views (we were on the 17th floor), and a nice bar/restaurant with multiple televisions and reasonable menu. The staff were all very pleasant and welcoming which made the weekend very comfortable. I didn't experience some of their other amenities but, based on everything I did see or use, I'm confident that they would all meet a higher standard.

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you better views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your stellar and detailed review of our hotel. We love receiving positive feedback and you and your friends obviously enjoyed your stay and all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon, perhaps at your next reunion weekend.