“Weekend Suprise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Springdale Inn & Suites

Springdale Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Glensprings Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45246-2306 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Cincinnati)   |
Ranked #37 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
SABINA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

this was the dirtiest hotel i have ever seen. Hair on bathroom floor. butts and ashes on top of heater in a non smoking room. water dripping from ceiling. Mirror fell off of bathroom wall. We had a bag of goodwill stuff in car that included a set of sheets which we went out and got.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

2 Thank DOUG B
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were on the 1st floor there must have been a flood at some point. The entire room and floor smells of mildew. There is water damage to the walls which was attempted to be covered with paint. No linen (towels) or toilet paper in room when we called front desk at night to ask for some, we were told to come to the desk to get toilet paper and towels would be available at 9am. Went to get towels in the am and there still was none, lady at desk said the hotel was booked so that is why there was no towels. The lid over the air conditioner in my room was missing. The tub was filthy. The comforter had burn marks. The breakfast consist of little Debbie snacks and knats flying all around and the worst coffee ever. Everything was old and out dated. I saw reviews where they are suppose to be remoldeling I didn't notice it, I would suggest to take a bull dozer and tear down the entire building then build a new one. I am surprised the health department hasn't shut this place down.

Room Tip: Trust me don't waste your time or money, or risk your health. Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A D

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night of August 3rd, at the last minute for one night. (You can see my review on the Baymont Inn and Suites is the reason why we didn't have a reservation).

We got two rooms at this hotel at $55.00 a night for two families.

The lady working at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The front desk area was under construction, but we weren't worried about the construction, since that was the only area under construction.

We got to our room and it was very old looking and dingy. My husband came out of the restroom and said you are not going to like this bathroom. There were urine and that time of the month stains on the toilet. I have pictures if someone needs me to forward them over. Needless to say, we never used the bathroom at all. We were so tired we just went to bed. During the night I thought a bug was crawling in my hair, and realized it was the fitted sheet that was too large for the bed curled on my head.

The other room that we had, had mold in the shower. The carpet was coming up, so you had to watch that you didn't trip. The rooms need to be refurbished.

The hotel is in a good location if you are going to Kings Island.

Room Tip: The front desk was very nice and helpful. I think if they end up remodeling the rooms, this could b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank saleaway06
Gorham, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I Travel 5-10 times a year this was the worst stay ever. Had an alergic reaction to bug bites. First was told they were ants. Then we found bedbugs. Manager apologized and said he would refund room charges. We got home no refund we called hotel and Manager said no refund and accused me of having a history of doing this.......OMG MY EYE WAS ALMOST SWOLLEN SHUT and he witnessed this. No worries I have pictures and plenty of eye witnesses if it goes to court I will seek more than just room fees.

I could have accepted just bad luck or luck of the draw if you will, but when they denied it once I was back home it showed an attempt to fraud.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bentley2623
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

OK, there were good and bad things about my stay here. When I first got there I was turned off by all the construction inside the hotel. It really did not matter though because I was never in the lobby, where most of it was. When I got to my room I was a little shocked that the paint job on the door was horribly done; it had me scared for what I will encounter when I opened the door. The bad things I found when I opened the door were towels with some stains on them and a few bugs (I think there were 3 total in my room). I was dismayed at the breakfast options. I was expecting some hot food only to find that the choices were muffins (small ones); donuts; and if were lucky enough to get there early, bagels. I am really glad I set my alarm because if I did not I would have missed out on the food.

OK, what did I like about my stay? For the most part the staff were friendly. Not always the most knowledgeable, but they tried. The TV had a lot of channels; it was a great way for me to wind down after a busy day. The water pressure in the shower was great and the water got hot quickly. I had a room by the pool but was very pleased when I saw the sign that said it was only open from 10 AM to 10 PM (and this rule is enforced by a lock on the door). The area was safe (make a right out of the driveway...those houses are AMAZING!) and close to a major highway that led you to other major highways.

I am not sure if I'd stay there again, but the price was great and I had no major problems.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo