“the room smelled like mildew”

Days Inn & Suites Cincinnati

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank A Wyndham traveler
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Cincinnati

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Don't believe the website! It's undergoing a renovation but my room was old AND DIRTY!

No Breakfast, not even coffee!!

Only nice thing to say is that after 90 Mins. & $4 I was allowed to use the hotel dryer because the guest one was so ineffective.

Very few room amenities, something made noise throughout the night.

Days Inns are sometimes crappy, but this is the worst!! It was cheap!

Room Tip: another hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

worst experience ever....when we arrived we thought we had come to a wrong place, since there was no sign...except that later we found out that door where construction was going on was indeed our hotel!! The lady at the reception was terribly rude, impolite, and behaved extremely badly with me and my husband. When asked about breakfast, she just said that due to construction, there wasn't any available!!!!! When we asked why they put that in their website (and mind it, we booked it through their website, and not through any third party), she just replied it is mentioned in the website, which, you will see, is still not!!! It still says that it comes with a free breakfast!!!! And this wasn't the end....she started charging us extra for us arriving a few hours earlier...man, that woman has guts to do that after all these!!!!! After we said we dont wish to stay anymore, and demanded a refund, she dropped that extra-fee!!!! Gosh!!! Extra-fee? for what? for the immensely rude front-desk lady? for the promised no-breakfast? for the extremely dirty front hall and hallways(covered with dust and dirt from the rennovations)? I would never go back here, and suggest anyone to stay away from them!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The website is not updated. This hotel is most certainly NOT renovated. When we arrived there was work being done all over the place. I understand places need to be renovated, I get that. However, there was no indication it was being renovated before the reservation was made. No attempt was made to make us feel comfortable considering the mess. We had two small children in our party that had to walk past dangerous tools that were all over the floor. At one point we needed to exit the hotel and we had to wait for a worker to finish breaking the floor with a sledgehammer. He was wearing earplugs and could not here us, so we had to wait around while dust was flying everywhere. Am I exaggerating? NO! The website says there is a pool and continental breakfast. Yes, there was a pool...I think. Some hole in the ground covered with debris is not a pool to me. Breakfast? Of course not! The bathroom had 10 spiders crawling all over the place, but hey, cleaning a bathroom is not important anyway. The room smelled terrible, but thats not important either. Of course, there was an extra charge on my card for 50.00. I called the front desk to find out why on 6 different occasions across three days! Nope, no one picked up. That makes no sense since it is the front desk. When I finally made contact, I was told there was a broken mirror in the room, and that's where the charge came from. I questioned that, since there wasn't one. They asked for my e-mail so they can send me a picture. You guessed it, I did not receive the e-mail. My AC was stuck on high...the speed button was broke.

If a place chooses to renovate and remain open, I can live with that. However, it would be a good idea to be honest from the start. Considering all of this, they still had the audacity to charge the 50.00, agree to send me the picture, and then ignore me. (I am sure they have some way of proving the mirror was in the same room we were staying).

There is never an excuse for this kind of experience, regardless of the cost. They say you get what you pay for. Here is an example that proves that wrong. We got way LESS than we paid for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We booked a reservation, only to cancel after reading some reviews. I will still have a bit of a hassle getting my money back despite having a cancellation number from three days prior to our scheduled reservation. The clerk called our home at 11:11pm the night prior to confirm our cancellation (odd to say the least). Despite that we still had a charge for the night. Dealing with the hotel about a credit hasn't been smooth.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family