WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Sterling Heights, MI
“Excellent front desk staff & great meeting setup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was thrilled to arrive the night of 11/12/12 and have Summer at the front desk greet me like I was an old friend. She had a fax ready for me from my company, and gave me all the hotel details. She then said, "I'd bet you would like to see your meeting room tonight." She called Darin and Zack and they said it was ready to go! They greeted me when I got to the meeting room and everything was set perfectly.

Room Tip: There are easy entrances to first floor meeting rooms and they do require a key for guest security.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnEastgate, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear professordoctormom,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Cincinnati area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I visited this hotel in Early November for work. What a nice suprise! Very clean rooms. Nice bar and restaurant. Staff was very friendly. The lobby area was very nice and gave a nice impression. Convenient off the freeway for easy access. Local area shopping/food near by. Good value. I would visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear tripleeric,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate! We are glad that we exceeded your expectations! We look forward to serving you again when you are in the Cincinnati area! Thank you for your patronage!
cyndi63
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stay here every time Im on the east side of Cincinnati. The staff from housekeeping to Brian the assistant manager are excellent. The hotel is always clean and the beds are comfortable but for me the friendly accommodating staff are what really set this hotel aside!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lexington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Four of us had a mini high school reunion at this hotel, and it was wonderful. We had 2 bedrooms (one with a jacuzzi), a TV sitting room, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, glasses, silverware, and paper towels, etc. The hotel has a pool and work out room available, is very clean, and the staff are all very nice. We plan to be back at this hotel next year!

Room Tip: our room was very quiet, as I would think all of them would be.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mentor, Oh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We've been using this hotel whenever visiting eastern Cincinnati for decades and STILL find it an exceptional hotel. Friendly staff, clean and quiet rooms, good food and drink... all and a good location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Over the years, we stayed at this hotel about once a month until we started having a lot of issues, including safety issues. Started with the weekend they had a gamers convention. Drunk, vulgar underaged drinkers in weird costumes. Had our 8 year old grandson with us, and they were vulgar in front of him in the hallways waiting for the elevators. Drinking in the parking lots. Total absence of security.
I am Platinum Priority Club, and they often forget to give me my breakfast coupons without my asking. They were supposed to give me points for coupons not used, but didn't.
Partying in the halls until 2AM, no security presence. Then smoke detector kept going off all night. They said they had no one to take care of it, so I should remove the battery. That would make it go off, since it would sense no battery. I finally got up and removed the detector from the wall completely, unplugging it.
The manager tells me that they are going the direction of large groups, weddings, conventions, etc., so it will be noisy with drinking and partying, especially on weekends.
We will be staying elsewhere in the future when we travel there to visit our businesses.

Room Tip: Stay at the Milford Holiday Inn Express. Much nicer and more restful and peaceful. Only 5 minutes aw...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PlatinumPriority
Asst_General_Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
To our guests,

My name is Brian Wipprecht and I am the Assistant General Manager at the Holiday Inn and Suites Cincinnati - Eastgate. First and foremost, safety is the #1 priority at our hotel. We pride ourselves as being a clean, safe, and well-maintained hotel. We do have a security guard every night on property that continuously walks the interior & exterior of the building.

This review also mentions a convention that occurred approximately three years ago, and because of the changes in the nature of that group, we stopped doing business with them.

The hotel does do business with conventions, weddings, groups, etc; however the majority of our business comes from business travelers and families. We take alcohol safety and awareness very seriously, and while encouraging our guests to enjoy their stay and have a great time, also ensure that we provide a safe environment for all parties.

Thank you!

Brian Wipprecht
Assistant General Manager
Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I selected this hotel on line while on vacation. We were driving thru Cincy on our way home and decided at the last minute to take a day and spend at Kings Island. I chose this hotel based on recent review that it was a great family hotel and not run down like the hotels closer to Kings Island. The reviews were wrong. The room I expected was for two queen size beds, what I got was two full size beds with hair in the bedding. The hotel is large, was built in 83 and remodeled in 2010. The carpet is probably the worst because it's overstretched and loose. The parking lot is shared with about 50 pieces of electric company trucks so with a wedding going on the evening we stayed there was no parking available. The manager did upgrade our room for free to the King size suite but we checked out the next day and drove straight home after the park rather than return to this hotel. Small pool, herds of kids in the halls, parking lot tailgates with adult drinking, people working on their cars and very little security to be seen. To be fair it was fully of families with kids but the drinking adults in the halls and the parking lots doesn't mix with the family environment I was looking for.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you check in. The suite with two bathrooms was the higher rate room and loo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Asst_General_Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Sterlinggirl48313,

Good afternoon, my name is Brian Wipprecht and I am the Assistant General Manager at the Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati - Eastgate. On behalf of everyone at the hotel, I want to apologize about your negative experience during your stay. I do appreciate your feedback, as it is very valuable to us as we are always trying to improve our hotel and service. In addition to taking care of the charges of your room, I have addressed these concerns with our Management Team and staff. Again, thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. If there is ever any way I may be of further assistance, please let me know.

Brian Wipprecht