“Ugh”

Garfield Suites Hotel
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed September 8, 2007

A collegue and I stayed here becuase there was no other hotel w/ vacancies at the time we were traveling. The suites were ok. At first glance the rooms were clean but if you really looked they could have been much cleaner.

At check out there was no one to be found and our shuttle had to wait for us. Needless to say he was not very happy.

We will be going again this fall to Cinci but will not be staying at the Garfield Suites.

Stayed: October 2006

Reviewed September 2, 2007

Was going to the Rush concert at Riverbend on Sept 1 and needed a place to stay. The Garfield was mentioned by a few of us attending so I reserved a room. I was quite impressed by what I got for the price. It was a one bedroom with living room area and kitchenette for under $100. It seemed nearby to a lot of places though I was only there for the night to see Rush play. This is quite a bargain if you ask me having stayed all over the U.S.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Todd_Michon
Reviewed August 31, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Garfield Suites hotel for 6 nights at the end of August. Our stay was very enjoyable. The hotel staff go out of their way to meet your needs. We had a two bedroom suite. The suites have a full kitchen and dining area. It's really great to have all that space, especially in a downtown hotel. While the hotel may not have the most modern decor, the rooms are very spacious, clean, and comfortable, and you will not find a better price anywhere! Book online and look for their internet specials. I had booked the room first with my AAA discount, but later I checked their site again and was able to get a better price due to the internet special. What really sets this hotel apart is the service. The hotel staff are fantastic! We had requested a room with a balcony but because we arrived at 9:00 p.m. there were no balcony rooms available. However, the front desk staff told us there would be a balcony room available the next morning. They had the housekeeping staff clean a room for us so it would be ready after we had breakfast at the Cafe in the hotel. Everyone is very friendly and sincere in wanting to meet all your needs. I travel frequently and sometimes when you have special requests, hotel staff either don't try to accommodate your needs or do so with little enthusiasm, as if you are putting them out. At Garfield, the hotel staff is very sincere in trying to provide whatever it takes to make your stay a pleasant experience. I requested feather pillows and they brought them to me immediately. We wanted to know where we could get Graeter's ice cream and they told us about a market/deli just two blocks from the hotel where we could buy what we needed to stock up the refrigerator, including the ice cream. We had tickets to the Red's ball game, and they gave us directions to the ball park, which is walking distance from the hotel. We left dishes in the dishwasher intending to wash them after a day out and came back to see that the housekeeping staff had done them for us and put them away! The housekeeping staff is really great. They are very unobtrusive but very thorough. We also liked that the public library is right across the street. We did not have a laptop with us, so it was great to be able to access the internet from the library. There is a public parking garage around the corner from the hotel that has a $5.00/day maximum charge with $1.00 all day on Saturday and Sunday. If you have a lot of luggage and a car, you will want to turn onto Garfield Place first and unload your luggage at the hotel front desk area before taking the car around the corner to the garage. The garage entrance is on 9th street. You can access the hotel from the garage without going outside if you wish to do so. When we checked out, we let the front desk know how much we appreciated the service and how much we enjoyed our stay. As we were loading the luggage in our car, they had the General Manager come down to meet us and thank us for our comments. I've never had that happen before. It is this commitment to customer satisfaction that sets the Garfield Suites apart from other hotels. We will definitely stay here the next time we visit Cincinnati.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank patlv1
Reviewed August 26, 2007

This is a great all suite hotel. My party had a total of three rooms and they upgraded on room from a one-bedroom to a two-bedroom without any additional charge. Parking gargage is attached to the property and stayed on the weekend and parking was only $1. The only compliant I have is that there was very little water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank taulbmi
Reviewed August 25, 2007

What a pleasant surprise!
The Garfield staff was excellent, especially the restaurant staff.
Shannon Reissig and her crew do a first class job of food preperation and presentation. Over 3.5 weeks I never had a bad meal there. Great personal service from Pam, Neil, Bryan and the whole Cafe Martin Staff. Well done, folks! I will see you again.
Tom Lloyd

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I recently attended a conference in Cincinnati and stayed at the Garfield Suites Hotel. I was struck by the spaciousness of the suites. Each suite has 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms, a kitchenette, and a large sitting room. I was told by front desk personel that the building was originally constructed as a high-rise residential condominium and later converted to a hotel.

The staff was friendly and courteous. The suites were neat and clean. The rate was reasonable.

Being from the south, I can be somewhat of a food snob. The breakfast served the first morning was not particularly memorable. The bacon was undercooked and very fatty. The eggs looked like they had been on a steam table for hours; particularly unusual in that I was eating at 6:30 AM. I chalked it up as a poor effort as the food quality was dramatically improved the following morning.

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Cincinnati and conveniently located to many attractions.

Overall, I would rate my experience on a scale of 1 to 10, a solid 7. The Ritz Carlton it's not, but the Garfield Suites I felt provided good value and service for my travel dollar.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank PKTim
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We booked the Garfield Suites for a long weekend getaway. I read the reviews before I made my decision on the room. I am so glad I did. We had a one room suite and it was huge; it was larger than my first apartment! The people were all very friendly from the check-in staff to the cleaning staff we talked to in the elevators. The hotel was close to a lot of restaurants and was in an easy place to use as a base when we went to the casino in IN or shopping in KY. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple