“Great Deal”

Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Great Deal”
Reviewed August 26, 2007

This is a great all suite hotel. My party had a total of three rooms and they upgraded on room from a one-bedroom to a two-bedroom without any additional charge. Parking gargage is attached to the property and stayed on the weekend and parking was only $1. The only compliant I have is that there was very little water pressure in the shower.

• Liked — Large Rooms
  • Disliked — Low water pressure in shower
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank taulbmi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Marietta, GA
Reviewed August 25, 2007

What a pleasant surprise!
The Garfield staff was excellent, especially the restaurant staff.
Shannon Reissig and her crew do a first class job of food preperation and presentation. Over 3.5 weeks I never had a bad meal there. Great personal service from Pam, Neil, Bryan and the whole Cafe Martin Staff. Well done, folks! I will see you again.
Tom Lloyd

• Liked — Cafe Martin staff
  • Disliked — Rooms are kind of old
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I recently attended a conference in Cincinnati and stayed at the Garfield Suites Hotel. I was struck by the spaciousness of the suites. Each suite has 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms, a kitchenette, and a large sitting room. I was told by front desk personel that the building was originally constructed as a high-rise residential condominium and later converted to a hotel.

The staff was friendly and courteous. The suites were neat and clean. The rate was reasonable.

Being from the south, I can be somewhat of a food snob. The breakfast served the first morning was not particularly memorable. The bacon was undercooked and very fatty. The eggs looked like they had been on a steam table for hours; particularly unusual in that I was eating at 6:30 AM. I chalked it up as a poor effort as the food quality was dramatically improved the following morning.

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Cincinnati and conveniently located to many attractions.

Overall, I would rate my experience on a scale of 1 to 10, a solid 7. The Ritz Carlton it's not, but the Garfield Suites I felt provided good value and service for my travel dollar.

• Liked — Room Size
  • Disliked — Food, slow elevators
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank PKTim
Norfolk, VA
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We booked the Garfield Suites for a long weekend getaway. I read the reviews before I made my decision on the room. I am so glad I did. We had a one room suite and it was huge; it was larger than my first apartment! The people were all very friendly from the check-in staff to the cleaning staff we talked to in the elevators. The hotel was close to a lot of restaurants and was in an easy place to use as a base when we went to the casino in IN or shopping in KY. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Liked — Size of room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Peoria, IL
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I stayed at the Garfield during a convention for business. I researched the hotel online and decided it was the best value in town. I must say that I was not disappointed. The service was top notch. They are very attentive to their guests. The room was very large, a little dated, but nice. The kitchen was very nice as I was there for nearly a week. Parking can get expensive ($19.00 per day to valet or under $10.00 to self park in the deck around the corner which means you have to walk back through the creepy tunnel or chance it on the street to a block). Another note, the room service is tied to the hotel restaurant, which is closed between breakfast and lunch and again between lunch and dinner. So if you want a bite to eat at 3:00, you have to leave and try to find something, nothing available at the hotel between "mealtime". My associates stayed at other hotels in the area (Hilton, Millineum) and they had awful experiences. The other hotels had very poor customer service and they will not return to those hotels. If I am in Cincinnati again, I would definately stay at Garfield (but without my car--take a shuttle!).

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — Parking options
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
cincinnati, ohio
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I just recently stayed at the Garfield Suites Hotel in Cincinnati. I am a local resident but had some friends from out of town visiting that wanted to experience downtown; a little sight seeing, a nice dinner and some fun. I called all around and every hotel was booked for the entire weekend. Little did I know there was a big Cincinnati Reds game and the Jazz Festival was also happening. The Garfield came highly recommended by friends. I really wanted to stay there because of it's great location and reputation of being wonderful to it's customers. I called them several times to see if there were cancellations to no avail. The man on the phone was very pleasant even after the fifth time I called. He offered to help me find somewhere else with also no avail. He gave me several numbers to other area hotels and offered to help me call. Way far and beyond his call of duty!!!! Finally when the day came, I packed up my friends and bags to at least sight see and if perhaps we were lucky, maybe find a room. I stopped at the Garfield and spoke with the manager on duty, Darren Schreiber. He was very pleasant and wanted to help our situation. After much juggling and moving around, we not only got a room, but the penthouse at a discounted rate!!!! Much to our surprise, he had to stay overnight for work and gave his room up for us to stay in. How very nice of a gesture it was. We had the time of our life and they really went out of their way to make sure our stay was the best it could be!!! A big thanks to them and rest assured that will always be my place to stay or my guests any time we need one in the future!!!!

• Liked — convenience to downtown activity and customer service
  • Disliked — liked everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank shinegirl
Niagara Falls NY
Reviewed August 3, 2007

My wife and I along with our 12 year old set out on a vacation of a life time.We went to Ohio,Kentucky,Tennesse,and ended up back in Cincinnati for our last night of vacation.We arrive at the Cincinnati Zoo early and spent about six hours there and I must say the best zoo I have ever seen if you stay here it's only 3 miles from this hotel a must see.After a long journey and lenghthy stay at the zoo we headed for our hotel for the night.Now mind you we stayed in six hotels in seven days so I seen my share of whats to offer in my budget and by far our room at the Garfield Suites Hotel was one of the best rooms if not the best for the money we spent.They say every room is a suite but to my surprise we took the cheapest room they had and It was a suite.The room was clean,had a full working kitchen,house size fridge,sink,dishwasher you name it.If I would have know this I would have stayed there for two nights I was sad to leave.I had a nice balcony,living room dinning room combo,kitchen,bath,and bed room for the price of a standered room at any hotel chain.The food at Cafe Martin was so good and priced so reasonable it was great.The staff at the hotel were top notch from parking your car to directions to any where they were very curtious in all ways.If I go through Cincinnati ever again I would stay here.I recomend this hotel to any one traveling to Cincinnati.A Four star hotel at two star prices.Thanks again DMR

• Liked — The amout of free space in your room.
  • Disliked — That I had to leave so soon.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family