With the negative reviews, it just goes to show, some people are just never happy! So take those with a grain of salt.
This place is great! What a cool older hotel. No its not ultra modern, but it’s far from run down! With the colors of the carpets, the beautiful woodwork, shiny brass, the light fixtures and neon signs, I could almost feel the old gangsters of the time there with the parties and happenings of the time.
It’s warm atmosphere and comfortable rooms made the stay a pleasure. No there wasn't a widescreen LCD HD TV in my room, but it had a nice set and good clear channels, unlike some higher end places I have stayed. The room was clean and neat, with a full kitchen which was very nice with a real coffee pot (not one of those little wanna be things) and lots of creamers and sugars. I like my coffee creamy and sweet. There was ice in the freezer and the glasses were nice and clean, so I didn't have to leave my room for an ice bucket.
No the vending and ice machines were not on my floor, they were on the first floor, big deal, maybe it will help you walk off that snickers bar when you go get one! Better yet, take the elevator to the 16th floor and get on one of their nice exercise machines and earn that snickers bar! The views from the 16th floor windows were really neat too, I recommend if you stay there go up and take some picts of the city.
The bed was comfortable and the sheets were soft. Nice seeing how must places have the sheets starched so much its like sleeping on sandpaper. Same thing for the bath towels! Wow they were nice and plush, made using them nice. Someone mentioned about running out of hot water. Well I don't know about that, as I took a nice long shower and it was good and hot. Over all the room was nicer and bigger than my first apartment and very clean and comfortable. The balcony had a nice street view and was neat to stand out there and watch the city below.
The onsite restaurant was nice, with good food and good service. Dinner and breakfast there really saved time on my trip. Only negative to me, Starbucks coffee, I hate that bitter crap.
Someone mentioned in a review that it smelled odd in the hotel. I didn’t notice anything out of sorts myself and I have a sensitive sniffer. It smelled like a hotel to me, industrial cleaners and disinfectants. So I don’t know what they meant, maybe they walked past a room someone was cooking in.
So in a nut shell if you need a nice place to stay and are working on a budget, the Garfield is a perfect place to stay. Don’t listen to those negative reviews; they are people that no matter how hard someone tries, they always find a fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garfield Suites Hotel is one of Cincinnati's best hotels for leisure and business travelers alike, as well as for extended-stay guests. Situated in the entertainment district near the casino and Reds stadium, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the only downtown Cincinnati hotel offering multiple room condo-suites compared to the standard hotel rooms that the national chains offer. If you want a lot of space and convenience at budget-friendly prices, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the best choice in downtown Cincinnati Ohio hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Garfield Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garfield Hotel Cincinnati
- Garfield Suites Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio