“Great location, plenty of room, and a fun atmosphere.”

Garfield Suites Hotel
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great location, plenty of room, and a fun atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed in one of the penthouse suites at the Garfield Suites Hotel during the Cincy Blues Fest. It was a great place to stay in town, near many restaurants, within easy walking distance of the Fest, and the suite was wonderful. The views from the first floor living room/party room/kitchen were fantastic, and there was a full kitchen, including refrigerator, stove, coffeepot. The second floor features a bridge from sitting area to bedroom, again with 180-degree views of the city and surrounding hills. And the third floor/rooftop deck was delightful morning and night, a great place to relax after a day at the Fest. Our two teenagers shared a two-bedroom suite which was also quite roomy, had the same kitchen amenities, and a balcony overlooking the city and eastern hills. I would recommend the Garfield Suites Hotel to anyone coming to Cincinnati for a concert or festival in particular, because it is so convenient and the suite layouts are great for socializing before and after.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Bahamas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

I had the pleasure of being a guest at this hotel from July 27th thru August 2nd. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The customer service was excellent, thanks especially to Darren Schreiber & Ron , they did an awesome job. The rooms were equiped with a fridge, stove, microwave & diswasher. They also have a state of the art Fitness Center on an upper floor. The only pitfalls of my stay were that there isn't a pool on the hotl's grounds and there isn't any overnight parking available at the hotel itself. God's willing when the Gospel Music Workshop of America is back in Cincinnati in 2010, I will be there!

Signed, Happy Guest,

Sherrine (Bahamas)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

First off, let me start by saying I had the most wonderful stay at the Garfiled Suites. The negative reviews this site actually blew me away. The hotel staff is beyond helpful and polite. It was extremely clean... with absolutely every thing you could need in your room. We stayed in one of the 5 or so penthouses on the top floor. Now given... we did have the best room available, in speaking with other guests they were just as satisfied with their room/stay as we were. Given the appliances are a little older, so is the hotel. Everything is still in great working order. We actually had 2 balconies, versus the one in most suites but the view was amazing of downtown. I will come back and post my pictures of the view! You can See Union Terminal which is my favorite building in Cincinnati. The location was perfect for us, there is a wonderful park or walking area that runs along Garifled Place, and it isn't far from just about everything. Whoever said there wasn't anything to do must not have wanted to walk more than 5 blocks or so. We found a great pizza place just a half block down that was open at midnight, so that worked out well, no driving so late. The elevators are a little slow, but if your only a couple floors up and aren't checking in or out... take the stairs. There is a place you can pull up to right next to the door to take your belongings in, they actually let us park there for awhile because we were leaving so soon after. So whoever said it was tough to take their stuff in through the parking garage and hallways must not have known about that. There are only 2 elevators for 16 floors, so it can be a bit of a wait. The parking garage is right next to the building, and there are some dingy hallways to walk through, but they are very clean, and very convenient... at least we din't have to walk out in the rain. It only cost us 2$ overnight each night, we walked throughout the day, didn't take the car. To sum it up, there wasn't anything I didn't like about this hotel except for the fact there wasn't a pool or hotub, but I knew that going in. They do give you free passes to the YMCA across the street though. The staff, the price, the rooms, the location, the view... everything was great. Oh.... and by the way, no complaints about the restaraunt either, it too was very reasonably priced... but the bar was a little expensive but that is a given at a nice hotel bar!

ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

First of all, we were greeted by the receptionist with a kind smile from the moment we checked in. The room was very neat and clean with plenty of guest towels, soap and shampoo and also a little coffee maker with actual coffee to brew beside it! The restaurant serves up a magnificent breakfast for a reasonable price and we were served promptly and courteously there too. The hotel itself is in an ideal location in the middle of downtown close to restaurants, the ballfield, nightclubs etc. All within walking distance if you choose to do so. This is one of the best places my wife and I have ever stayed. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Moultrie, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed at the Garfield for a convention. The rooms are big and the staff is friendly. The elevator is really slow. The parking is convient as the garage is right next door with a hallway connecting the two. What they don't tell you is that the parking is $21 for valet parking or if you park in the garage it's $5.00. It's $5.00 every time that you leave the garage. Don't plan on dining in the restaurant after 9:40 PM. We arrived at that time and was informed that the kitchen was closed as they were on "bar time" whatever that means. They wouldn't serve us even though the advertised closing time is at 10:00 PM. Because of that, my family and I ordered take out from one of the local pizza shops nearby.
If they pride themselves on service, they should do just that and serve. If we ever come back to Cincinnati, we won't be staying at the Garfield.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Devil505
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

It was a nice place overall. The room was basically a one bedroom apartment with all the usual kitchen amenities. The kitchen appliances were a little old, but everything worked fine. The room was plenty spacious and good for an extended stay, but also good for a quick stay at that price. It was just a few minutes from Fountain Square by foot, so it's close to the good stuff in downtown. I'm not sure, but a part of the reason that it's cheaper than other places might be because it's a couple blocks north of the slightly better located hotels.

When we tried to make coffee, we found that the coffeemaker was not functional. We called the front desk and somebody brought up a new one in a matter of a few minutes, and he was very nice and professional. Overall, the service was very good. The only potential downside is that a lot of the stuff in the room (kitchen appliances, television) was not new, and maybe that makes a difference for some people. It wasn't a big deal to us, and we'd definitely stay there again. It's a good value for the money. However, if you have no bones about spending an extra $30-$50, I'm sure there are nicer hotels that can be had for that price.

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

We stayed at the Garfield Suites in July of 2009 the week after the fourth. I don’t know what the previous reviewer was talking about being a bad location because we are 3 blocks from fountain square. Just about 6 blocks from the baseball field and an easy walk across the bridge to KY and the Duck Boat tours (highly recommend), aquarium etc..! This location is perfect!
As for the rooms, out spacious one-bedroom suite had a full kitchen, was very clean and well appointed with plush towels, dishes and about everything we needed. The cooling system worked perfectly and the king size bed was so comfy I actually slept in late!
I travel on business extensively and have stayed in some “upscale” downtown hotels and I can tell you that for $99 a night in this location, with this size room, you can’t beat it. I will be back and will definitely make the Garfield my home when in Cincinnati. I will also recommend it to my friends and business associates.
The staff here are unusually accommodating and even the maintenance man said good morning when he got on the elevator in the morning. We just happened to be there on a Wed night and really enjoyed the free drinks and appetizers in the lobby and actually got to meet and talk to the owner who was there!

Stay at the Garfield, save your money and go out to one of the MANY fine dining establishments in the walking distance area around the hotel. You’ll be glad you did!