“Above and beyond tha call of duty!”

Garfield Suites Hotel
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati
“Above and beyond tha call of duty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

I recently stayed at the Garfield as a chaperone for my niece's 15th birthday party. She invited four of her friends for an old fashioned sleep over. I reserved one of the Garfield's three bedroom penthouse suite rooms and I couldn't be more happy. I have stayed at many hotels during my life and have never written a review before. However, writing this review is the least I can do. The staff was extremely friendly and very open to having 5 teenage girls spend the night in one of their penthouse suites. The room was a beautiful two floor, three bedroom suite with a full kitchen, three bathrooms and a private balcony that had an incredible view of the city. My niece and her friends totally enjoyed their stay and the hotel was nice enough to allow us to check in early and check out late (had forgotten how long it takes teenage girls to get dressed in the morning). The room was very affordable, actually less than most of the standard rooms in other downtown hotels. We ordered pizza from the hotels restaurant and the girls said it was better than LaRosas (I would agree). I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling with kids or anyone who is looking for a 5 star room at a 3 star price.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

The good news is that the suites are very spacious. My suite had two roomy bedrooms, two full baths, a living room, and a kitchen. It gives you the feel of staying in an apartment. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel restaurant, Cafe Martin, has a nice selection of sandwiches and entrees. I was in town several nights for business, and there was no need for me to leave the hotel for supper (although there are many other good restaurants within easy walking distance). The top floor has a fitness center with treadmills, stationary bike, weight machine, etc. The suite had two televisions (one in a bedroom and another in the living area) and a cable for free hi-speed internet, if you have your laptop with you. The suite was clean and well-kept.

I do have to say, however, that the suite is a little dated. The carpet and furnishings were older and dark-colored, giving the place sort of a gloomy feel. The television in the bedroom looked like it was vintage early 1980s. I hated the pillows; they were way too mushy. I also wish they offered a continental breakfast. I realize that they don't do this because the restaurant offers breakfast, but I'm not a big breakfast eater and would enjoy some free fruits or cereals instead of having to pay in the restaurant. I could be wrong, but I don't think they have any computers for general use. The public libary is across the street, however.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

I stayed at this as recommended by the venue of the concert. I was pleasently surprised. The room was spacious. The bedrooms are seperate from the Living rooms. My room had a kitchenette. There is a TV in the living room and the bedroom. There is also a balcony. The hotel is downtown with a great view. This hotel had the softest bathtowels I have had at any hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff was helpfull and made sure all my needs were met.

• Stayed April 2009
Cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

A group of us all booked rooms at this hotel about 10 of us and no one was happy with the rooms or the service. The rooms were dirty, the parking was terrible and they charged you eveytime you left the garage they even charged us for ice. One of the guest in our party sat on the couch in her room and a cloud of dust came out. There was a booger on the walls in my room, there were no screens in the widows the air conditioning did not work, At night you could here the noise from the streets all night. Furthermore I have never been at a hotel that charges for the room in advance. Also donot be fooled by the pictures of th rooms on there site they are very deceptive. Also in the 2 days we stayed there no house keeping staff ever came to our room. When it was time to check out there was a line of customers at the desk complaining about there stay
this place is a dump

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank james10902
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

You cannot tell me that 70+ people think this is a FIVE rating... they must live in shanti homes by the river. This hotel stinks. Literally. There's a weird odor to the whole place. Please don't stay here. I'm here now, in the bed, and it's lumpy. The furniture is OLD, the TV's are OLD, appliances are OLD, everything is OLD. They need to update to get my business again. I absolutely would not recommend this hotel to a friend, in fact, I have other business colleagues that are coming in, and I am going to tell them to find another hotel somewhere else.

TRIPADVISOR: I am sure that most of these *5* ratings are legit. seriously, i am sitting in this hotel now, and it is not worthy of the #1 hotel in Cincinnati... Honestly, over the WESTIN??? I will be updating this with pictures tomorrow. Please look into the ratings for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tyler5921
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

For business purposes, I stayed at The Garfield Suites on three different trips for a total of three weeks. I have 21 yrs. of customer service experience through the federal government and travel often, therefore, I've stayed in alot of hotels. I must truly say that the professional, friendly, and quality service and accomodations at the Garfield Suites, really impressed me. Each staff member was sincerely interested in providing the best customer service to me and my colleagues, each and every day. The food was excellent, the cleanliness of the rooms was great, and the location was perfect for easy access to various businesses. I was so impressed on each visit that I will definitely plan to stay at the Garfield Suites for leisure trips with my family. Thanks Mr. Wachs, Darren, and Mick, for outstanding customer service and inspiring your staff to demonstrate the same qualities.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into the Garfield Suites Hotel in Cincinnati. It had extremely friendly staff and beautiful rooms! I loved having two bedrooms, a spacious living room and a kitchen! It was like having a home away from home! The entire hotel staff was accommodating and I wished I could have stayed in rooms like this all the time. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business