Garfield Suites Hotel
$121
$107
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelocity
All reviewsliving roomfull kitchendowntown cincinnatibalconystove
Reviewed November 30, 2013

To begin I really don't want to sound like the property was entirely bad. The only reason we went up here and stayed was because we entered in a contest and won a free stay. The free stay was for only one night. I do want to start with the best part of this stay and, that is saying a big thank you to Mick Douthat the director of sales and marketing for graciously at no charge upgrading us to a 3 bedroom governor suite. Our contest we entered was only for a two bedroom suite but, mr. Douthat graciously upgraded us to a bigger suite. It wasn't a real issue and, I never brought it to their attention but, I was told in email that I we were in suite 901 but, we checked in and are in 401. I didn't really feel that was a reason to bring to their attention because 401 and 901 are identical to my knowledge and we got the room type that we were promised by Mr. Douthat. There was a issue with the room and yes it was our fault for not bringing it to the staffs attention which is what I am doing now. The heater unit does not appear to work in the living room. Being that we were only there for one night and checked in later in the evening we didn't really care because the three heater units in the bedrooms all worked well and kept us warm. We actually meant to say something to front desk upon checkout this morning but, rushed out. That would be my main issue with the room. I had one other minor issue and thats the beds weren't as comfortable as I hoped but, you could sleep on them. I am going to now talk about some pros of this place. The do have the cafe martin in the lobby it is pricy in my opinion but, the food is awesome in there. I loved their food. It cost us a family of five 58.00 and some change to eat dinner which this day in time especially in downtown cincinnatti isn't bad. Another plus to this hotel was the balcony not all rooms have balconys if you prefer a balcony state that when you make a reservation. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful when we had a question. I do like the location of this older hotel. Next plus was the shower it was good and hot. I never used it but, took a look at the skyview gym. The skyview gym is a nice two floor gym with lots of equipment and has a nice view of downtown cincinnati. One thing about the hotel is the very modern look the lobby had then you get on the elevator and in my opinion its like you step back into the 80's with the elevator walls which I suppose gives a modern and old feel at the same time. The room I kinda felt like was dated but, nonetheless it was a a spacious suite. The elevators all though they were older looking they ran well probably never had more than a 45 second wait which is good for two elevators serving 16 floors. Lets see what else can I mention parking; I believe even though this hotel is older you will find its garage probably has the cheapest parking of all hotels in the city. We arrived shortly after seven friday night and left shortly after 11 this morning and only had to pay six dollars. Some things I disliked about the garage were the elevators and the rather long twists and turns in the breezeway you had to make to get into the lobby. The elevators in the garage seemed to be iffy well one of the right side is anyway. Everytime you would step on you could feel the elevator relevel itself with the floor. The breezeway or whatever you want to call it had you go through a door down some steps turn up some steps turn and down some more steps and through another door and your finally in the lobby. I think thats how it went anyway its something similar to that if I didn't quote it just right. One big pro though throughout that whole breezeway is all the security cameras. They have high security with their cameras here. Once you reach the final door that goes into the lobby they have a camera there with a doorbell and they have to buzz you in. I thought that gave it a nice touch considering the fact where they can see you with a camera they won't let just anybody in the hotel through the breezeway area. Anyway think its time to conclude this review. I probably would not pay to stay here one main reason is there isn't a pool. I mean most people don't have to have a pool but, if I ever were back in the area I would probably pay somewhere that has a pool not to be mean towards this place but, thats just me. One last question I have for you all there at the hotel "I was told this place was once an Apartment Building converted over into a hotel". Its not nothing that bothered me over it I was just curious about being told that and wondering if there is truth to that or not and would appreciate someone replying back soon to me about that. I have something that could be useful tip for you all in the future. I would look into redoing the room numbers on the doors no offense to you all but, they are rather small and hard to see until your right up on them. By the way I thought it was a nice touch having door bells on the doors. Again thanks to Mr. Douthat for everything he did.

Room Tip: I didn't get to look at them but, if you want to go for something spacious I would choose one of those humongous suites on the 16th floor. They are probably the best suites out of everything in the building and you get one heck of a view from that floor. If you have any problems while staying here I suggest to go to the front desk and see if Mr. Mick Douthat is available. He is a very friendly person and will take care of you and your family while staying here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GarfieldSuites, Director of Sales at Garfield Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at the Garfield Suites Hotel!

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! This definitely the most feedback we've received in a single review and we agree that there is a lot to love about our hotel!

We really do have some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and I will make sure to read this review at our staff meeting today. We will make sure that this excellent customer service is recognized.

We are happy that you enjoyed our large, spacious suites. We offer the largest hotel suites that you'll find anywhere in the world! It's true!

It is nice letters like yours that make us all work hard to remain friendly and motivated. It really makes our day!

Please call with any questions, additional feedback or special requests.

Mick Douthat - Director of Sales

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed in the Garfield Suites Hotel about a month ago randomly and liked it so much that I suggested it for a girl's get away weekend the next month. The place is dated but very clean...I felt like I was staying in an apartment instead of a hotel, which was a bit freeing! I adore the staff there...on my first visit I realized that I left my saline solution at home and the woman behind the desk actually offered to bring me some from her home. So down to earth and funny! On the second visit, staff remembered me and were so welcoming! The free shuttle was great and the proximity to fun night life was a bonus. I will certainly stay there again...we are planning another get away in January.

Room Tip: Get a double room with a balcony...just a little more and worth it
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at the Garfield Suites Hotel.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are truly fortunate to have some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and I will make sure to read this email at our staff meeting today. We will make sure that this excellent customer service is recognized.

We also appreciate your recommendation of our hotel to your friends. Thanks for the opportunity!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I were in town to catch one of our favorite bands....We were especially impressed with the shuttle driver, I believe his name was Randy?? He really made us feel at home and accommodated. Thanks Randy!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed in the Garfield Suites Hotel for 3 months for a business trip and never had a problem with the services. The room was like a small apartment with a kitchen, dining area, bathroom, living room and a huge bedroom. The kitchen was complete with a ref, dishwasher, oven and stove and is perfect when your staying in Cincinnati for some time. The bedroom had a huge closet, comfortable bed, and TV. The bathroom had hot and cold water and was really spacious and clean. It is also one of the best options since it's only a 5 to 10 minute walk from the business district and there are lots of restaurants and malls nearby. You can also do your laundry inside the hotel, they have 2 laundry rooms and use of the washing machine and dryer is affordable.

They have a restaurant at the ground floor which serves delicious comfort food and is open until midnight (I think) which is convenient for the late night food cravings.

What I love about this hotel is that they are very customer centered. You can check with the management if they could give you a discount if you are planning to stay for a long time. They also have afternoon drinks and finger food (I think it's every Wednesday) free for the guests where the manager and staff meet and talk to the guests. The staff is really accommodating and always willing to cater to the guests' needs

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would recommend staying here when you are in Cincinnati.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A group of us came from Cleveland came this past weekend and stayed at Garfield Suites Hotel. There were about 30 of us and not one of us had any complaints on our rooms. Everyone was accommodating and professional from Ron at the front desk, and the rest of the front desk crew, to Lindsay, the bartender, and most importantly Randy the hotel shuttle driver. Randy was amazing and we had a great time with him when he shuttled a small group of us. Randy a personal thank you for helping us Saturday night .. you gave us Class A service! If I am back in Cincy, I'll definitely be staying at the Garfield Suites.
Anne

Room Tip: Didn't use pool/spa so did not rate.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends