Stayed here for one night after the New Kids on the Block concert. We booked a two-bedroom suite - to give you an idea of the value of this hotel, the rate we paid for a two-bedroom suite was HALF what the Westin wanted for a 2-queen hotel room, and the hotel is only two blocks away from Fountain Square. That being said, when you're getting this kind of deal, you should know what to expect. If I was staying at the Westin, I would expect to be greeted by a bellboy who helped with my bags, and a valet for my car. I did not expect this at the Garfield, so I was not disappointed when I had to carry my own bags in. Nor was I disappointed I had to park my own car - parking, by the way, was only $6 overnight in their garage. NOWHERE in Downtown Cincinnati can you park that cheap.
Yes, this hotel is dated. The rooms need renovated. It looks like they may be doing a little at a time - we walked in to newer laminate in the foyer and kitchen area, and newish counters in the kitchen and bathroom. But I'd compare the furnishings, carpet, bed, etc. to that of a Comfort Suites. But again...I go back to the rate we paid. Can't beat it.
They have a cute little restaurant with a bar that's open until midnight. We walked back from US Bank Arena after the concert (only a mile down the road) and had a few drinks in the bar. The bartender was very nice, and knew how to handle some of the obnoxious concert goers we saw coming into the bar (the patrons who probably should've been staying at the Westin, since NOTHING could satisfy them). We went back down to the same restaurant in the morning and had a nice breakfast.
Would I stay in this hotel again? In a heartbeat. It's all in what you want in a hotel. If you're looking for full service, this isn't the place. But the accommodations were clean, NO BED BUGS, and the rate was fantastic - leaving us with more money to go out and have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garfield Suites Hotel is one of Cincinnati's best hotels for leisure and business travelers alike, as well as for extended-stay guests. Situated in the entertainment district near the casino and Reds stadium, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the only downtown Cincinnati hotel offering multiple room condo-suites compared to the standard hotel rooms that the national chains offer. If you want a lot of space and convenience at budget-friendly prices, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the best choice in downtown Cincinnati Ohio hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Hotwire and Expedia so you can book your Garfield Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garfield Hotel Cincinnati
- Garfield Suites Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio