My room was fine- a few hairs in the bathroom, not especially nice or well-maintained, but adequate. The elevators were ridiculously slow. I wasn't looking for anything luxurious though- I was just there for one night so that I could attend a friend's wedding.
My experiences with the staff were what prompted me to write this review- several of the front desk staff were extremely rude. I would almost forgive them because they gave me the impression that they generally lack social skills of any sort; however, their jobs are predominantly customer service. I was leaning up against some planters out front while waiting for a cab and one of the staff yelled at me to get away from the flowers and then mumbled something about wondering if we sit on flowers where we're from, knowing that I was a guest at his hotel and was waiting for a cab. The thing is, I was not sitting on the flowers. At all. Regardless, I would have been happy to move if he had asked straightforwardly and politely. Clearly the flowers are very important to this particularly front desk person, but his reaction was surprising in how passive aggressive it was.
Then my cab showed up- the same front desk person has stated that a white van cab would be by to pick me up 10-15 minutes prior. A couple came out of the hotel and started looking around and seemed to want the cab, and I told them that it had been called for me. The front desk guy then ran out and told me that it was not my cab and that it was for them. I waited five more minutes and a yellow car from a different cab company showed up to pick me up. He gave someone else my cab and left me waiting in front of his hotel because I leaned near some flowers.
The other staff I encountered were not as horrible as this guy, but weren't especially nice or helpful. They generally seemed annoyed by other people.
Unless you want to risk dealing with someone with a pathological level of spite and flower rage, I suggest opting for a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garfield Suites Hotel is one of Cincinnati's best hotels for leisure and business travelers alike, as well as for extended-stay guests. Situated in the entertainment district near the casino and Reds stadium, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the only downtown Cincinnati hotel offering multiple room condo-suites compared to the standard hotel rooms that the national chains offer. If you want a lot of space and convenience at budget-friendly prices, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the best choice in downtown Cincinnati Ohio hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Garfield Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garfield Hotel Cincinnati
- Garfield Suites Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio