“Great, great, great !!!”

Garfield Suites Hotel
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Portsmouth, Ohio
“Great, great, great !!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Was in Cincinnati for my nieces wedding for the weekend. From the minute we pulled up in front of the hotel on Friday afternoon til the time that we left on Sunday, everyone was so nice and helpful. The service was great. Love the location, in walking distance for alot. Would highly recommend this hotel. I will definately be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
PORTSMOUTH
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My daughter lives in Cincinnati and in Dec. 2011 she was married there. We had friends and family traveling from all over. For the event, she chose the The Garfield to book 40 rooms. We, and all our guests were pleasantly surprised how accommadating this hotel was...whatever we needed, they made happen. Located in the center of beautiful downtown Cincinnati which made it really nice since we were there for the entire week-end, we were in walking distance to Fountain Sq. Freedom Center etc. We highly recommend The Garfield.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Susan A
Aston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Excellent Hotel - Driven to please customers. Although the site is dated, it was clean and fully equipped for a long-term stay. Free Shuttle provided for guest within Downtown Cincinnati area. Staff went out of their way to please and provide what was requested. From the wait staff, restaurant chef, desk check-in to the Hotel Manager who met and greeted guests (he even served me a drink). Highly recommend this venue.

Room Tip: Rooms with an "02" number (e.g. 1002) have an extra window for great views.
3 Thank Valerie D
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I have stayed at the Garfield Suites Hotel about eight times while on business in Cincinnati. It has been a great stay every time.

The rooms are always clean and well taken care of.
The daily maid service is always high quality and when I return from the business of the day I find my room has been cleaned and made up to my satisfaction.

The Front desk staff are all very friendly, accomodating, they recognize you and call you by name, are sincere and genuinely try to make your stay as pleasant as possible in every way.

The House shuttle is very accomodating and the drivers are curteous and remember me from past visits; very nice indeed!

The in-house cafe staff have always provided excellent service to me and the food is always very enjoyable without much time waiting to be served. This is especially important in the morning when one is rushing to get out the door but needs a little 'something' in the 'tank' before starting the day.

High quality treatment is what I expect and what I get at the Garfield Suites and I plan on returning whenever my work takes me to Cincinnati.

Thank you Mick and all the crew! You make it a worthwhile stay.

Sincerely;

Lee M. Holbrook
IT Professional

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Lee H
Portland, OR
Reviewed February 27, 2012

First off, those website pics are misleading. The place was dark and not at all the gem the web made it look like. We saw maybe 10-15 people on the streets and then woke up to a police officer in the lobby. The room was huge but unnecessarily so, the decor and furniture looked and felt like it was from 1972 and the carpet and sheets were not as clean as one would hope, I am never a fan of finding other people's hair in my sheets. I wanted to stay in Cinicinnati instead of Covington but this place all but assured me I won't be staying downtown again. Depressing. Lastly, I asked for a cab and got a very laconic young gentleman that seemed very disinterested, that is fine if you have a great hotel but if your spot is rundown you better win me over with charm. Complete disappointment.

2 Thank candgpdx

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The Garfield is an outstanding hotel , like being at home. The room is very large, with living room, full size kitchen , large closet, safe, roomy bathroom and extremely quiet. A full gym on rooftop with nice views. The shuttle service is excellent will take you almost anywhere and driver is extremely knowledgeable to city. The hotel is walking distance to downtown, ice skating, mall, waterfront and multiple restaurants. We stayed five days and wished we could of stayed longer, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We did not have a balcony , room was extremely quiet,
4 Thank kharri9365
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This was the best trip to Cincinnati I've ever been on. I've stayed at many of the hotels in downtown, and Garfield was, by far, the most spacious, well equipped, service was awesome, food from room service hot and fresh, and the valet was fast and courteous. We will not stay anywhere else on our return trips to Cincy!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple