“I Left Without Ordering” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cincinnati, Ohio
“I Left Without Ordering”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Based on the good reviews I decided to try this place. Apparently they were having a melt-down the evening I arrived. I was the only customer there except for another person at the counter waiting for a take out order. A woman was rushing back and forth from the register to the kitchen and back again shouting things to the kitchen in Chinese, trying to get the takeout ready, answering the phone, adding up the bill and ignoring me, of course. Finally two little girls who looked to be about eight years old came out with a glass of water for me. I sat there and watched this lady running back and forth and guessed they had an abundance of take out orders and a shortage of help that night. I never saw the Chinese menu some of the other reviewers mentioned and after five minutes or so I finally got up and left. I noticed most of the reviews were from 2012 so maybe something has changed. If I ever go back there I am going to have a "Plan B" for dinner in case the same thing happens again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

cincinnati
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We grab takeout from here about once a month and are never dissapointed. Delicious food at a very reasonable price.

• Visited February 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Best Chinese food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went to Chinese Imperial Inn for lunch (we had just come out of the post office and smelled something wonderful in the air). I ordered the chicken and broccoli (usually it comes with "white sauce" but I ordered it with "dark sauce"). It came with steamed rice and wonton soup. This was the best tasting chicken dish I have ever tasted and the price was great! My husband ordered a noodle dish. He loved it!

• Visited June 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Outstanding Food, Low Prices, Extensive Menu, No-Frills decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This restaurant is one of my local favorites. It also appears to be a favorite among the local Chinese community, because it always has a steady number of Chinese-heritage patrons. You can order on-menu or off-menu, although the menu is large, and partly hand-written. When you dine here, you are going to get great food! However, if you are seeking a seeking that expensive dcor theme - nope, not at this restaurant. Good news is that the prices are incredibly reasonable! If you go during lunch, you will be get a very hearty meal at a super price. I am still working my way through the menu, and simply recommend that you get what you like!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank CJ5687
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The BEST authentic Chinese Seafood place in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

The place is a typical "hole in the wall" but the food is excellent.....I don't go to Chinese restaurants for "ambience". They have two menus, the "American Chinese Food" and the authentic chinese food. I highly recommend the Lobster Twin Tails in ginger sauce, and if you order fried rice, get the Yang Chow fried rice WITHOUT soy sauce. The seaweed, cold appetizer is good too, as is the rock-salt pork (they also have rock-salt tofu, rock-salt squid, rock-salt smelt). The Beef with green onions is good for those less adventurous. My absolute favorite though is the razor clams in black bean sauce; but they don't always have that available. Try the place if you're a real food, you won't be disappointed. Skip the dimsum brunch though, I've had better @ Bon's Chinese Restaurant in Montgomery.

• Visited March 2012