“Hidden Gem”

Chinese Imperial Inn
Ranked #1,175 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We grab takeout from here about once a month and are never dissapointed. Delicious food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went to Chinese Imperial Inn for lunch (we had just come out of the post office and smelled something wonderful in the air). I ordered the chicken and broccoli (usually it comes with "white sauce" but I ordered it with "dark sauce"). It came with steamed rice and wonton soup. This was the best tasting chicken dish I have ever tasted and the price was great! My husband ordered a noodle dish. He loved it!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This restaurant is one of my local favorites. It also appears to be a favorite among the local Chinese community, because it always has a steady number of Chinese-heritage patrons. You can order on-menu or off-menu, although the menu is large, and partly hand-written. When you dine here, you are going to get great food! However, if you are seeking a seeking that expensive dcor theme - nope, not at this restaurant. Good news is that the prices are incredibly reasonable! If you go during lunch, you will be get a very hearty meal at a super price. I am still working my way through the menu, and simply recommend that you get what you like!

1  Thank CJ5687
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The place is a typical "hole in the wall" but the food is excellent.....I don't go to Chinese restaurants for "ambience". They have two menus, the "American Chinese Food" and the authentic chinese food. I highly recommend the Lobster Twin Tails in ginger sauce, and if you order fried rice, get the Yang Chow fried rice WITHOUT soy sauce. The seaweed, cold appetizer is good too, as is the rock-salt pork (they also have rock-salt tofu, rock-salt squid, rock-salt smelt). The Beef with green onions is good for those less adventurous. My absolute favorite though is the razor clams in black bean sauce; but they don't always have that available. Try the place if you're a real food, you won't be disappointed. Skip the dimsum brunch though, I've had better @ Bon's Chinese Restaurant in Montgomery.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've been getting carry out from Chinese Imperial Inn for years. Many Chinese restaurants in the area don't offer bar-b-que spareribs so that's a real draw for me. They also offer fried rice in both a small and large size, which is a great option. Very casual, no need to dress up. Although I don't personally order dishes that are extremely unusual to me, their menu has an amazing selection of authentic Chinese dishes and seafood. There are always Asian families having dinner at Chinese Imperial.