“Neighborhood treasure”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Neighborhood treasure”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have been going to Gas Light for the past two years or so. Convenient for us since we can practically walk there, the boys love it and they have plenty of screens to keep up with sports. They have really improved their beer selection. We've grown to really like the Gas Light burger. I think in a previous review I pegged my evaluation compared to fine dining establishments which was definitely unfair to both Gas Light and the others. Anyways back to this review we visited last weekend after a day out with out kids. Too late to start dinner, conveniently close and the boys love it. Our service was very friendly and attentive. She was taking care of several tables so we appreciated that. We'll go again, there's no question about that.

• Visited August 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfectly good neigborhood bar”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We have been to The Gaslight many, many times since we moved to the neighborhood. It wasn't our preferred neighborhood hangout but after that other place tanked we started going here more and more around 2009. They have a very good beer selection as you might expect from a bar but it's very well informed with very good local choices on tap as well as seasonals and regionals. As for the food I am ok with it and it was a good choice for a rare Saturday night out with the family. Their burgers were rated very highly in 2010 by a local magazine; I'm not sure if I'd agree with that sentiment but I'd recommend it just the same if you order it medium and bag the American cheese. Plenty of TVs, usually fairly crowded but not too crowded, very cool old school interior. Service was very good for having only two folks working the room and one in back; they hustled. We look forward to going again and again.

• Visited March 2012