“First time eating Indian food”
Review of Akash India

Akash India
Ranked #286 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We were expecting a lot of heat in the food, but were given a choice --- on a scale of 1-6, how hot did we want it? We chose 2 and that was fine with me, a bit hot for some of my companions. Our choices each featured a lot of rice and the main dish to eat as a side or put over it. My choice was soupy, so I combined the two. The flavor was pleasant and not too bitey. I would definitely order it again. Some of my companions orders were more substanatial; I tasted most of them and they were well-cooked and flavorful. We ordered sides of bread, and if you like bread, they have a great selection. However, there was a lot of it, so I probably wouldn't order it again. Overall, we enjoyed our first tasting of Indian cuisine.

There are newer reviews for Akash India

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I had dinner twice in this restaurant, including once with my colleagues. The food was consistently delicious. The restaurant is right behind Foutain Square.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stopped in for a meal on a Saturday evening. They had a very nice and complete menu with reasonably priced meals. We started with the lentil soup which was mildly seasoned and very tasty. I had the lamb mushroom dinner; my spouse had the Lamb Rogan Josh and our friend had Chicken Biryani. Everything was seasoned as we requested and we found our meals to be just perfect. You can request your level of heat from mild to hot. We would definitely go back again.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Positives: Not too noisy. Cosy setting. Well located in business district.
Negatives: Buffet hasn't changed in ages. Ate the very same menu in January this year. 6 months later nothing has changed!! Food has a very average taste.
As for the a-la-carte... takes for ever to get served! Probly cause they are understaffed. Atleast felt like that.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I never ever go to this place again. After eating their lunch buffet i got stomach upset..because of their old food..not sure how many days old food they are serving...they are creating bad name for indina food...cost is too much high for that non-sense food..i never recommed this place. I request health department to go for inspections ASAP and if possible close this place permanently.