“Perfect bed and breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Symphony Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Symphony Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Cincinnati B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Perfect bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I feel like I found one of Cincinnati's best kept secrets! I've read reviews regarding the surroundings but PLEASE do not let that deter you from staying here because you will miss out! The area is in the midst of a revitalization but you can see the improvement.
The bed and breakfast was a gem! Very nice, cozy and historic. The staff was helpful and very polite. The room was clean and cozy. I stayed with a group of friends and we had the best time. It's rare to find a place like this. I feel lucky. I will definitely be back.

3 Thank Ericka S
OTRHotel, General Manager at Symphony Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review!

The area is most definitely up & coming & old buildings are being restored everyday .

We appreciate you choosing our boutique hotel & are very delighted you stayed with us & hope

to see you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rural Retreat, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a 3 night weekend get away. We had tickets to a Reds game and we wanted to check out the new Horseshoe Casino. We found the rooms to be on the small side and the bed was ok, just a little to soft for me but the room was clean. The staff was friendly and courteous.
The only thing that i did not like was the parking. Parking around back was tough to drive down this small narrow path that would scrub your tires on the sides because of it being so narrow. Other than that this was a charming place to stay.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank joseph333
OTRHotel, General Manager at Symphony Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for spending your mini vacation with us here at the Symphony Hotel!

Seems like you did quite a few fun things while you were here in Cincinnati.

We all hope to see you back soon!

Symphony Staff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We arrived a little bit before the check-in time of 3PM, so we decided to venture down Elm street to get to Findlay's Market. This was a big mistake! The street was very sketchy, with several people laying down outside and not even moving. We were asked for money several times, and I felt as if everyone in the area was watching us. Luckily we made it to the market without a problem. Coming back we took a different street and everything was fine, which tells me that while parts of OTR are coming along, other parts still need a lot of development. My best advice is to not simply follow your Google Maps on this one, and to closely monitor your surroundings, and you should be fine.

As for the Bed and Breakfast, it was a very unique experience. Colleen was very pleasant, and made us feel very comfortable. The building certainly has a cool historic charm about it, and the room was cozy and had all the accomodations we needed. Breakfast was delicious as well! I would return but be much more cautious of the neighborhood next time. I feel like I got the true slice of Cincinnati by staying here, something I could never have gotten at a 4 star hotel. In the end, the experience was definitely worth it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Dustin S
Thank you for your review on us here at the Symphony Hotel!

Cincinnati definitely has significantly changed from what is was 5 to 7 years ago though I have

to say..It has a lot of restoration going on & people that care about these older historic

buildings that's for sure & everyday rejuvenating!

I totally respect & glad you expressed your concern about the surroundings,

but believe in any downtown city you will see a bit of that going on.

Glad that you enjoyed your stay here & hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,
Symphony Hotel Staffing
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Beautiful. Welcoming. The 1800s Victorian is convenient to everything. Staff is warm, intelligent, helpful. Parking off street works well. Tour of the new generous additions is architecturally delightful with 2nd floor spacious and classic comfort furnished deck covered with the pergola playing with sunset lights. The first floor boutique bar includes everything for everybody. That's not all. Style and color is reflected harmoniously in every detail in the entire inn from the unique artistry of the tile work to High Victorian plasterwork with beautiful color choices in between. Selections made by staff for room amenities offer something for everyone, including outstanding chocolates for turn down gifts. Nearby was a short walk to elegant fish dinners at The Anchor plus the historic Findley Market with infinite food choices. As a historic preservationist, it is a joy to write this in hopes you enjoy Cincy to the fullest.

Room Tip: Room options include 2 bedroom room suite possibility with The Beethoven room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cynthia C
OTRHotel, General Manager at Symphony Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hi Cynthia,

It was such a pleasure meeting you & Drew this weekend! Thank you for the beautiful write up on

our historic OTR building & we are very pleased that you enjoyed your 3 day stay with us!

We also appreciate you coming down to dine with us in our historic dining room for dinner!

Hope your mini vacation was a very memorable experience for you & a breather for you as well...

Many Thanks, Colleen
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the Symphony Hotel for two nights while in town for a graduation. We had tickets to the Reds' game Monday and Tuesday so we wanted to stay downtown within walking distance of Great American Ballpark. The Symphony Hotel was the perfect choice. I don't know how I found it on the web but I'm very glad I did. The Symphony Hotel has tremendous character, a great staff, convenient location and the price is definitely right! There is also a rooftop patio that is wonderful. No more generic box hotels for us in Cincinnati!

The free continental breakfast is very good but one morning we opted to order omelettes. Our chef was Tim and he made me the best omelette I've ever had. Dennis, our server, made us feel welcome and took great care of us. Colleen, the general manager, was always available to answer questions.

We were concerned about parking availability before we arrived but it was no problem. There is ample room in their lot in the back and it is well-lit.

We will definitely be back. Like a previous reviewer, I want to let everyone know what a great place this is!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura E
OTRHotel, General Manager at Symphony Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
So glad you picked us to be apart of your adventure here in Cincinnati!
We are always here to make your stay feel like home away from home & happy
to hear that you enjoyed everything about us including our breakfast & staff!

Thanks again,
Symphony Hotel Staff
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed over night on our way south to a woodsy cabin. We were delighted with the hotel after initial confusion because nobody was there when we arrived at 3:30 pm. We called the number posted on the door, Tim arrived shortly and told us how to get to the parking lot in the alley (very narrow alley). The hotel is beautifully furnished and maintained (from 1875, I think Tim said); there's a spacious bar downstairs (we sat at the wide open window, had drinks, played cribbage, and chatted with Colleen); beautiful dining room (unfortunately not open week nights), and charming small breakfast room (we had delicious salmon omelette with what we call in Philadelphia "scrapple." Our room was very pretty though small (as one would expect in an old hotel). Our bathroom was around the corner which was fine because noone seemed to be staying next door, so we had it to ourselves. Both the bathroom and bedroom were immaculate. We used the air conditioner because it was very hot and humid; I do, however, wish the windows opened (painted shut?) and wish we had known about the spacious wonderful outside terrace on the second floor before we got ready to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sandra682
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!
It was a pleasure meeting both of you & had a great time sitting out with you chatting...
I'm so sorry that the deck wasn't shown to you ( maybe raining outside that day ), just another reason you will need to return soon to see us again!
About the windows they are on a security system so we don't open them, but they do open.
Hope all is well & hope you explore Cincinnati again soon.

Thanks, Colleen
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I wish there was a way I could let every person in the world know how great this place is. I came across the Symphony in my search for a small boutique hotel. I always try to stay in "mom and pop" places because I love the character that they often have and enjoy supporting local businesses as much as possible. The Symphony did not disappoint. I'd like to preface my review though by saying that if you must have 24 hour room service/concierge/gym/sauna and a view then the Symphony/boutique hotels in general are not for you. If you are into quaint/cool small hotels with loads of character then you'll love this place.

The Victorian themed rooms are awesome and since I stayed during a slower night I got to peek into some of the open rooms and see how different each was. Every room was decorated differently but with the same old classical theme; very cool. The size of some of the rooms were small (including the one I stayed in) but how much space do you need in a hotel room?

To say that Coleen and Tim were accommodating is an understatement. To say that they are completely utterly amazing and great to chat with is more correct. It seems like a very small time operation and it was great to get a chance to chat them up.

Bottom line: The people who run this hotel are awesome, the rooms are very cool and VERY clean, price is great, wish I came on a weekend to hang out in the lounge and have dinner because there are great reviews about that too.... Book a room here!

Room Tip: Room #4 is on the smaller side but the shower with body jets is INCREDIBLE!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi James,

What a beautiful review you wrote! Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Cincy & hope to see you again on your next adventure out. We love what we do here & hope that everyone that comes in enjoys it as much as you did!
Glad you had a good experience with the shower, it can get abit out of control sometimes if you don't know what knobs to turn ( hehe ), it's a waterfall experience!

From the Symphony Hotel Staff