“Very yummy and great variety on the menu”
Review of Green Papaya

Green Papaya
Ranked #165 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very yummy and great variety on the menu”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We live nearby Green Papaya and it is our go-to for Thai/Asian fusion in the area. They have amazing curries and the vegetarian options especially are great. The sushi is good, but not outstanding. I would stick with the Thai options at Green Papaya because they are delish.

• Visited August 2014

“Sushi was not bad - but not amazing”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I can only comment on the sushi - since that is all we had here. It was a bit expensive for an average sushi meal that we normally have and it was just decent. The other food that other people had looked great, but as for the sushi it was average and tasted decent with a slightly higher price tag. If you come here for thai food or a hot plate - that is the better route to go - if you are looking for sushi there are better and cheaper places.

• Visited July 2014
Rome
“Best Thai food I have had in years - authentic and tasty!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just ate at the Green papaya not far from Hyde park square and Rookwood commons. I had the Vegetable Tempura, yummy, then the Thai hot Sauce chefs special with beef, it was super yummy!

This is the most authentic Thai cuisine I have had for a long time, the Green papaya salad is hot, have one chili only or beware :-) the heat is fab. Other places I have tried, and there have been a lot!, just do not meet the mark.

Service is great, reasonable costs, it is not surprising I go back time over time, give it a go, I have never been disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
Ohio
“Great, creative cuisine”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A cozy atmosphere, personable service and a caring chef/owner make for a nice combination.

This isn't a fancy place, but it is charming and boasts a nice menu of lovely entrees and sushi choices. Both the food and the service are very good.

The place gets very busy and sometimes parking needs to be found on nearby streets. To avoid this, come a little early or a little later for dinner and lunch.

This restaurant is probably our favorite Thai restaurant.

Visited December 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Some of the best sushi in Queen City”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I LOVE the sushi and Thai food at Green Papaya. I also like the staff very much - I have never had poor or unfriendly service. My only complaints about GP is the parking is very limited and I wish they would take reservations (but I do understand why such a small restaurant would almost avoid taking reservations out of necessity).

I have never eaten anything I didn't love at GP. My favorite speciality roll OF ALL TIME is the Green Papaya roll (omgit'ssogood and filling!). My husband and I both love their seaweed salad, Tom Yam and Tom Kha Gai soups, pad Thai, pad see ew and any of their sushi rolls or nigiri. My 10 year old daughter loves their shrimp pad wun sen. Also, this place served their dishes legitimately spicy-hot. Unlike a lot of other Thai restaurants which can be bland, if you order a level 4 or 5 at GP, they are fierce and liberal with the heat.

The staff at GP are always lovely. The manager, Jay, always comes out and greets us personally. And there is this just adorable server guy with bright orange-blond hair, wispy gestures and a delicate voice that is just a living doll.

I have been taking proven and consistent favorites, like Green Papaya, way too much for granted and need to give them their due recognition for their friendly service (yes, some of their staff members are just adorably sweet) and delicacies like their seaweed salad and Green Papaya sushi roll.

On a side note, the work ethic of GP staff is admirable: the pregnant owner herself was behind the sushi counter on a jam-packed Saturday night, rolling rolls LIKE A BOSS.