“Top-notch service, great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,952 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Boca Raton, Florida
“Top-notch service, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My little sister and I chose this place for dinner on the spur of the moment. We didn't look at the reviews or plan on going there so I didn't know what to expect. This place seems like an upscale restaurant, and I was very impressed at how I was treated considering I was a college student in shorts and t-shirt with his little sister. The staff was really respectful, knowledgeable, and attentive. I guess it is a bit too pricey for me, but it's worth the atmosphere and the quality of the food. I agree with a reviewer who said the music is a little too loud. I was there in the early evening so there were many people so maybe that's why I think it's too loud. Overall, I had a great experience.

Not that this matters, but note that I didn't visit in January 2013. I visited during the summer of 2012.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

northern Michigan
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I so enjoyed my dinner here. The waitstaff was incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The waitress was generous with offering us tastings of wine that were were considering. Very nice wine list (I so enjoyed the wine I selected that I have printed out their wine list and will try more of these). I ordered the Caesar salad, and that was very good. There was a slight tang to the dressing that was unique, and I enjoyed it very much. I also ordered the house gnocchi and enjoyed that, but the best had to be the dark chocolate creme brulee. I felt the prices were appropriate for the quality and size of the portions. The decor and atmosphere were both very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place.

• Visited November 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“Nearly New York”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Walking toward the restaurant on Fountain Square through the canyon created by 5-3 Bank and the Westin Hotel, the ice rink nearing completion for the Christmas season, I momentarily felt a "New York-y" sensation. I was out with friends, it was nearly 9 pm, and we had not yet eaten dinner. I felt way too sophisticated for Cincinnati -- until jarred back to reality by a basketball game on the Fountain Square jumbotron, complete with squeeking sneaker noises and announcers voices coming from hidden speakers.

Via Vite helped me get the feeling back. There's a New York feel -- that you can spend a lot of money and eat really well, or order a wood-fired pizza at pizza prices and also eat really well. Tonight we had pizzas -- "Dina," Margherita, and ham and mushroom with olives added. All tasted wonderful and, more importantly, tasted like their ingredients, not like one overall pizza taste with different toppings. The chef was visiting tables. The wine was good. The service was professional. Worth a return.

Minor negatives -- Lights are too bright and music to loud and new age.

Visited November 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I had read reviews of several area restaurants before leaving home and this was my first choice. The menu has many unique, creative choices, and my pasta special, made with marinated wild boar, was superb. Service was gracious and and the owner/ executive chef stopped at my table to check on things. The restaurant was full ( 7:30 on a Thursday), a bit noisy, but not too bad. My window view was the beautiful fountain on Fountain Square.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive but Excellent Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Lucky my work was buying, otherwise I never would come here due to the cost. Food was good, and atmosphere is unique with a view of fountain square.

Visited October 2013