“Loved It!”
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I so enjoyed my dinner here. The waitstaff was incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The waitress was generous with offering us tastings of wine that were were considering. Very nice wine list (I so enjoyed the wine I selected that I have printed out their wine list and will try more of these). I ordered the Caesar salad, and that was very good. There was a slight tang to the dressing that was unique, and I enjoyed it very much. I also ordered the house gnocchi and enjoyed that, but the best had to be the dark chocolate creme brulee. I felt the prices were appropriate for the quality and size of the portions. The decor and atmosphere were both very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Walking toward the restaurant on Fountain Square through the canyon created by 5-3 Bank and the Westin Hotel, the ice rink nearing completion for the Christmas season, I momentarily felt a "New York-y" sensation. I was out with friends, it was nearly 9 pm, and we had not yet eaten dinner. I felt way too sophisticated for Cincinnati -- until jarred back to reality by a basketball game on the Fountain Square jumbotron, complete with squeeking sneaker noises and announcers voices coming from hidden speakers.

Via Vite helped me get the feeling back. There's a New York feel -- that you can spend a lot of money and eat really well, or order a wood-fired pizza at pizza prices and also eat really well. Tonight we had pizzas -- "Dina," Margherita, and ham and mushroom with olives added. All tasted wonderful and, more importantly, tasted like their ingredients, not like one overall pizza taste with different toppings. The chef was visiting tables. The wine was good. The service was professional. Worth a return.

Minor negatives -- Lights are too bright and music to loud and new age.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I had read reviews of several area restaurants before leaving home and this was my first choice. The menu has many unique, creative choices, and my pasta special, made with marinated wild boar, was superb. Service was gracious and and the owner/ executive chef stopped at my table to check on things. The restaurant was full ( 7:30 on a Thursday), a bit noisy, but not too bad. My window view was the beautiful fountain on Fountain Square.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Lucky my work was buying, otherwise I never would come here due to the cost. Food was good, and atmosphere is unique with a view of fountain square.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

perhaps the best location you could get in the city, with spacious outdoor seating, this high end italian restaurant is more reasonably priced than the related Nicola's and very good. the lamb shank is outstanding. late night offers great specials on flatbreads and pizzas