“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,892 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Cold Spring, Kentucky
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Via Vite makes delicious food. From the pasta meals to the pizzas, it's all around a good meal. The service is very quick and nice and I like the atmosphere of the place as well. You can go in there after work and grab a quick drink with friends and also if it's nice out, you have the option of sitting in their upstairs outdoor patio overlooking Fountain Square. It's a good value and a good meal.

Visited May 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Place & Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were a bit under dressed for our taste; therefore we decided to eat on the terrace where we felt it was more casual. I don't believe the restaurant has a "dress code" per say but we're glad we decided to eat outside. It was a bit cool (for my wife) but with the space heaters and sidewall openings wrapped in thick clear plastic, it was ideal. The service and staff (even the manager) were great. We were in the mood for something light so we ordered the pizza and some drinks. There's a great selection of beers for the people who enjoy various types of beers, I had a wheat beer (La Fin Du Monde). Very tasty

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I came across this place after travelling to Cincinnati from the UK so it had been a long day, and they provided just what I needed. Although the greeter seemed a little surprised that I wanted a table for dinner (strange that you should need to be asked what you want when you enter a restaurant!) but I was seated efficiently. The server was great and the food excellent. I had the wild boar tagiatelli and the portion size was just perfect and very tasty. Dessert was also good. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. All in all a good experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Detroit Metro Area
“GREAT food & ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Amazing food, trendy, upscale, great service. Executive Chef/Owner makes the rounds on the floor to make sure you are happy. Very very busy, rather nosiy. Great decor. Would ABSOLUTELY return. Only thing that happened that should have been corrected was that my 2nd glass of a nice Italian red had a lot of sediment in the bottom. Didn't find it til my last swallow, & I did NOT swallow it, thank you very much. Our waiter seemed disturbed & embarassed, ran around with the glass like he was going to show it to someone or do something about it, but never did. This is NOT acceptable at such a fine restaurant & with an otherwise outsanding experience. He was a very good waiter too. But this should have been addressed by the management in a positive way; an apology, or take the wine off my bill, just for good relations. I'm not the type to loudly make a big deal of, but just to sit there & hope the right the wrong. I'm sure the Chef/Owner would not have liked this.

Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food and ambiance; fresh, new place where most of the restos are old and shoddy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went here twice this week during a business trip; once alone and another with a group. Tried the tagliatelle with wild boar but found it too overwhelming. Tiramisu was too creamy. I was about to scratch this resto off my list after the dismal experience. However, second visit for a business dinner was much better. Had the Goat Cheese Salad which was really delicious! Had the Ravioli with Spinach and Cheese and shavings of truffle and that was great too! The pasta was al dente and the filling was savory, with a light sauce. I loved my second meal here so it vindicated the first, disappointing experience. We were a group of eight and the chef gave us a complimentary dessert, dates filled with mascarpone cheese and some bourbon sauce. It was delicious as well.

The place is bright and well maintained which is really refreshing since a lot of restos in downtown Cincinnati around this one are quite dark and old. The resto has big, floor to ceiling windows and some outdoor seating at the second floor balcony, giving a view of Fountain Square.

I would return.