“Never disappoints”
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Naples, Florida
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Excellent choice for a pre-show dinner with a small group. Server (Zach) was excellent & really knew the menu. I've been here before but first time I've had something other than pasta or pizza--great choice! Had the salmon with roasted brussels sprouts & butternut squash puree and it was as beautiful as it was tasty. Dessert trio of gelato was great as well. Chef visited our table & although some may find that corny, I thought he was genuinely happy that we enjoyed everything so much. I will definitely return.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“'Holy Crap...this is good!', exclaimed a lunch companion.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I couldn't have said it better myself, so I'm using Sam's words. A group of 8 for lunch (typical 15% added gratuity, but they did split the checks as we requested) for Happy Birthday, Nick. Not on the lunch menu is the assorted bruschetta, but they happily accommodated a request for three platters of this wonderful appetizer. Most at the table enjoyed the wood fired pizzas or pasta. All were seemingly quite content. As for my expressive companion and I, we ordered the soup/salad combo. Sounds simple, I know. However this was anything but! The 'soup' was a bowl of Potato Leek with fresh Parmesan shreds, house-made Croutons, and White Truffle Oil drizzle. I would have licked the bowl...seriously! Our 'salad' was Grilled Asparagus, Marinated Red and Gold Beets, Whipped Goat Cheese with Crostini, and a drizzle of Olive Oil. I'm only sorry that Excellent is the highest regard I can provide for this tasty lunch and that we are missing the 'Holy Crap' rating.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great date night restaurant”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me by taking me here for a much overdue date night. Neither of us had ever been. The atmosphere was upscale but not uncomfortable. It has a great location right on Fountain Square downtown. There is a nice bar and ice cream shop on the square and tables to sit outside. The service and food were impeccable. We had the pork tenderloin which cut like butter. Very nice experience overall.

cincinnati,ohio
“Trendy in Cincy”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

First visit to Via Vite,walked in at 5:30 for an early dinner and the place was packed . As we walked up to the desk to see if we could be seated, the host was abrupt and told us the couple sitting was before us and we would have to wait our turn, well of course we would but there was no good evening would you mind waiting until we take care of the couple waiting(that already had been helped?) Since we were a walk in we were seated at a chef's counter in front of the prep kitchen. The team of prep chefs and cooks were interesting to watch. They all were happy, working well as a team, helping each other and dancing along to a rhythm that looked efficient and well prepared.The service started excellantly, our waiter, Maggie was very knowlegable and willing to share about the menu & wine list since it was our first visit. Once it hit 6pm and became busy we were the forgotten duo at the counter. It was nice not to be rushed however and once they remembered us we were served well. The food was very good. Lamb shank was tender and well flavored. The Caesar sald was swamped with dressing but tasty. The star of the dinner was the Diver scallops....very good. This is a wonderful little place for a good pizza...excellant baked in a fire oven. As we waited for dinner we watched the pasta maker make fresh pasta of all types! We will go back this time making reservations to try the pasta dishes. This resturant is very chic and trendy. Cincinnati has grown so much in the last few years, having wonderful new places to dine and visit. Having lived in many places all the
over the world it is nice to come home and settle back in Cincinnati and still be able to find gems like this place.

Morrow, Ohio
“Food so good at lunch we returned for dinner!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We saw the sign for Via Vite while ice skating on Fountain Square so we thought we would try it out. Wow, the food was amazing, the waitress very friendly and attentive. We each had different soup and salad combinations. The potato leek soup was fabulous and the salads fresh and delicious. We took a look at the dinner menu and decided to come back for dinner after taking an extended Over the Rhine walking tour (which I would highly recommend). Again, the food was delicious and the chef even came out a couple of times to check on us. We can't wait to go back!

Visited December 2012