“Fantastic terrace”
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I went here with my boyfriend and a friend who was in town and we lucked out with both great weather and a great table on the terrace overlooking fountain square. The ambiance was great! Dinner was delicious & was followed by tiramisu for desert.

This place is pricey, but great! I would go back here, when I had a full wallet and some good company!

There are newer reviews for Via Vite

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a great place to eat downtown. The food is wonderful, service great. Good happy hour deals on food and drinks Monday through Friday. They have a really good brunch on Sundays. Hightly recommend this to locals and visitors.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We started with a gracious welcome and immediate seating at our reservation time. We had a friendly, efficient server in John. We were seated upstairs where the atmosphere is much quieter - choose a downstairs location if you want a more lively atmosphere. Via Vite has a very nice menu along with a daily "specials" menu. The chef/owner came to our table before dinner to see if we had any questions about the menu - I have NEVER had a chef do this before! The food we chose was terrific - every one of our party of 8 raved about their apps and entrees. Several people ordered the lasagna, which was a huge, rich portion, available only on Friday. The server recommended the minestrone, and I was glad he did - it was delicious. We also enjoyed their fine desserts - again, everyone was very happy. Finally, the chef came back to our table after dinner to see if we enjoyed everything - wow. Can't say this will happen to every table every night, but we thought it was a great touch. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband surprised me by taking me here for dinner and afterward a show at the Taft Theater. It was wonderful. Mind you, it is expensive but the service and food were impeccable.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I always have amazing food and service at Via Vite. Everyone there is so friendly, welcoming and service-oriented. They are always looking to make their customers happy. I often have trouble eating out because I am a vegetarian and Chef Cristian is always accomodating. My favorites: brunch (quiche and frittata- wow!), pizza (margherita and bianca), soups (potato leek and asparagus puree), the salad with Boucheron and figs, and the spinach and ricotta ravioli. My fiance (we're now married!) is still talking about the BLT he had there months ago. His favorites are the waffles for brunch and the NY Strip. After eating here for several years and falling in love with the food, I decided to have them cater my wedding. Our only problem was narrowing down our options- Everything we tasted was fantastic! Our wedding menu had some of our favorites, in addition to some of Chef's recommendations: wild-caught Alaskan halibut with a zucchini sauce, vegetables al cartoccio (wrapped in paper bags and baked- perfect touch!), parsnip puree, veal and ricotta meatballs, tuna carpaccio, arugula salad with pine nuts and citronette dressing. My favorite part of the meal: dessert. Chef Cristian made a trio of mini-creme brulee's - vanilla, Vahlrona chocolate and cappuccino. My guests are still talking about the food at my wedding, even months later. Chef made sure that I had everything that I wanted for my wedding. His attention to detail is admirable.
I've moved to Louisville and have yet to find an Italian restaurant that even comes close to the wonderful food at Via Vite.