“Consistently OUTSTANDING Food”
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,969 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Consistently OUTSTANDING Food”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I always have amazing food and service at Via Vite. Everyone there is so friendly, welcoming and service-oriented. They are always looking to make their customers happy. I often have trouble eating out because I am a vegetarian and Chef Cristian is always accomodating. My favorites: brunch (quiche and frittata- wow!), pizza (margherita and bianca), soups (potato leek and asparagus puree), the salad with Boucheron and figs, and the spinach and ricotta ravioli. My fiance (we're now married!) is still talking about the BLT he had there months ago. His favorites are the waffles for brunch and the NY Strip. After eating here for several years and falling in love with the food, I decided to have them cater my wedding. Our only problem was narrowing down our options- Everything we tasted was fantastic! Our wedding menu had some of our favorites, in addition to some of Chef's recommendations: wild-caught Alaskan halibut with a zucchini sauce, vegetables al cartoccio (wrapped in paper bags and baked- perfect touch!), parsnip puree, veal and ricotta meatballs, tuna carpaccio, arugula salad with pine nuts and citronette dressing. My favorite part of the meal: dessert. Chef Cristian made a trio of mini-creme brulee's - vanilla, Vahlrona chocolate and cappuccino. My guests are still talking about the food at my wedding, even months later. Chef made sure that I had everything that I wanted for my wedding. His attention to detail is admirable.
I've moved to Louisville and have yet to find an Italian restaurant that even comes close to the wonderful food at Via Vite.

• Visited September 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Bad evening @@@”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We did not have a good experience. First for the good things. We were seated promptly at our reservation time. The waiter asked if we were seeing a show tonight so he could make sure we were out in time. The minestrone soup was fantastic.

Now, the rest of the story. The pizza we ordered was made incorrectly. They took the pizza to the back and 'added the extra ingredients' and brought back a slightly warm pizza. My wife and I had 2 glasses of wine each. My wife's second glass was served with a foreign substance in the bottom of the glass. It looked like soap crystals. When shared with the staff, we were told this was sediment from the wine. I explained, we are pretty experienced wine drinkers and have never seen this. They went back to a computer and printed out an article 'to prove' their point. My point, is if this is a problem, I suggest you aerate and strain the bottle before serving.

I will give them some credit, they did not charge us for the last 2 glasses if wine.

There are now so many good choices for downtown dining, that I am not planning on going back. I just can not recommend this place.

Toronto
“Amazing service and amazing food!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

When coming to Cincinnati for work, room service gets old very quickly and this is a great location close to most of the big hotels and I was very suprised by the quality of the food and the service!

We were there on a Sunday night when they have a selection of wines at 50% off. Never a bad thing! We ended up ordering a number of items for a table of 3 to share and it was more than enough food!

The staff were super friendly and very helpful as they helped explain a few of the food items as well as made wine suggestions as to what would go well with our meal. With multiple appitizers, 2 mains, 3 desserts and a bottle of wine we were shocked that the bill only worked out to about $40 per person (before tip).

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great food, great service great value!

• Visited October 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Would be 5 star except for service”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Chef Christian always does an amazing job on the food!! I've never had anything that wasn't 110% delicious! The boucheron goat cheese salad is my favorite!! Short ribs, ravioli, lasagna, soups, NY strip, desserts, etc are all five star. In the 15+ times we've dined here we have only had acceptable/good service once. Service is constantly slow and inattentive here. We keep coming back because the food is that awesome! Definitely worth a visit!

Visited October 2012
Cincinnati
“urban Italian”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Love the kitchenside option, nice variety of Italian food, good drinks, excellent vantage point for Fountain Square activities.

Visited June 2012