“food good. service not.”
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We went for lunch. The hostess gave us dinner menus. We had to get lunch menus from the girl filling water glasses. Ordered a bottle of wine, our server/hostess couldn't get the cork out, ended up breaking it and taking it to the bartender to get it out. She wasn't really on the ball with taking our order or checking in on us. She seemed to be having a bad day, so it wan't a really big deal, just kind of annoying when you want a drink.

Food was excellent. Gazpacho was superb with jonah crab on top. Very nice cesar salad with extra anchovies requested by my husband - real dressing, not that modified ranch stuff that restaurants use. I had a roasted asparagus and beet salad with whipped goat cheese, also excellent - not mushy, with a nice olive oil dressing. Another person in our party had the sausage pannini with a side of their pasta salad, no complaints there either.

Things kind of went awry again at coffee/dessert time. A coffee with bourbon took over 20 minutes to get, while my husband's plain coffee came immediately. My italian and another specialty coffee took 10 minutes. Apparently they were brewing more coffee.

I do have to say that the chocolate creme brulee was just out of this world. It was much larger than I had expected, and the chocolate flavor was just decadent. I could have had just that for lunch and it would have been more than enough.

I'm not sure that we'd go back, given the price point. I suppose I'd go back just for dessert (the creme brulee).

There are newer reviews for Via Vite

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The sister restaurant of Nicolas, Via Vite is a nice restaurant for dinner. Discern what you appreciate because Via Vite offers an eclectic variety of Italian dishes. Wine is a must, their wine list is substantial enough to satiate the moonlighting sommelier. While not a five star restaurant, it does impress in comparison to the average Italian "joint." Make a reservation and see what I am talking about, I promise that for the price, it is worth your time.

Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

The pizza was average; perhaps too much cheese--but the lasagna was great! Good wine list and bottled beer.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had a good dinner - even dessert - here. The waiter was very nice especially since I was by myself. He didn't hover, but he did pay attention. The risotto rice pudding with honey and blackberries was EXCELLENT! As was the yellow pepper soup.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The view is wonderful, the atmosphere so comfortable. It is truly a wonderful dining experience right on Fountain Square. The bolognese sauce is the best I've ever had. Very friendly servers and no wait on a weekday at lunch. Priced right, will most certainly go back!