Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,019 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This centrally located restaurant is a must eat while in Cincinatti. The food was well prepared; service was fast and friendly; and the atmosphere was very upbeat. We had 3 meals here [lunches and dinners] over four days. We are discriminating, but look for quality, not image. We were happy every time.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have been to Via Vite before but this was the worst experience I have had there...

Started off with the appetizer...the waiter spilled soup on my shirt... called for the general manager (Denny B)... I wasn't expecting much but maybe he would take care of my bill... well... maybe part of the bill...or maybe even the soup that was spilled on me...

That was really wishful thinking... he left me his card and offered to take care of my dry cleaning bill... well -- seeing that I am not from Cincinnati... I am going to fly home... get my shirt dry cleaned for $5, send the bill to him via USPS first class mail... have him cut a Via Vite check for $5 + $0.80 (postage) and send it back to me? Ridiculous...

When we told the waitress that it was poor form to not even waive my bill (or part of it)... all she said was (rather rudely) that she will mention our disastisfaction to the general manager... well...I left her a generous $3 tip and Denny B's card... maybe he can take care of her dry cleaning bill. Would I go back? You tell me...

Reviewed June 1, 2012

A popular restaurant located in Fountain Square on two levels plus outside seating. Small menu with daily specials offering a good choice of dishes. Service is friendly with godd advise on the menu and the wine list. Food is really really good so take your time and enjoy it

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Via Vite has a great location, at Fountain Square in downtown Cincy, and if you can get a table- the upstairs patio is terrific, providing a perfect view of the square and whatever is going on that night. There are always people walking around, and most nights there is a special something going on in the square that will provide fun as you dine. The pizza is outstanding- very high quality, though it isn't true NY style. Regardless - it is very worth the calories. The pasta dishes are also top notch, and very reasonably priced. It is a pretty traditional italian menu, with a nice adult beverage menu also. Trust me- this is a very good option if you are in downtown Cincy- a fun place with high energy, in a perfect location, with great food and drinks. Try it!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

You can always expect a great taste experience at Via Vite. With a great downtown vibe in the heart of Cincinnati, it is located on Fountain Square next to easy parking in a garage. They have an excellent wine list and a menu that has always appealed to foodies. Our dining was excellent, with lamb shank, pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon( done medium - tender, moist, melt in mouth), Rigatoni, and flounder. Our friends raved about the flavors and compared the tastes with their visit to Rome's dining experiences. It is not the average spaghetti, lasagna and pizza( though they do have wood-fired pizzas), We have always had great service, though our coffee order was forgotten and tea was not refilled unless we caught the waitress and asked. This is the reason for the lowing of overall rating to "very good" and not "excellent". Overall we will be back because it has unique Italian food and It is near the plays and Fountain square location, inspite Friday night's unusual blip on service.