“Best Italian food in Cincinnati”
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I try to go to Via Vite every chance that I can as they have without a doubt the best italian food in Cincinnati. I like to have a glass of wine and relax before dinner at one of the outside table and then enjoy a fine meal. I have been to many Italian restaurant but this one is hard to beat.

There are newer reviews for Via Vite

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Check their website for the menu; however, we were there on Mother's Day and enjoyed the $15 Sunday Brunch(may be seasonal). Perhaps 6-7 choices of 1 from each of 2 lists(App.?/Entree?). As there were 7 of us w/ as many choices--all were excellent!
A must have/or to share is the wood-fired breakfast pizza.
Great place also to sit outside enjoying nightly activities on the Square or people-watch, have one of many excellent pizzas and a cool drink!

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We went to Via Vite for the first time in early June. We have now been there 3 times altogether. The first time we went was with friends and we did a full meal with all the courses. The food was absolutely delicious! We had bruschetta for an appetizer. I then had the warm goat cheese salad and my friends also had salads. My boyfriend had the ravioli. My friends had pizzas. I had the papperdelle pasta. For dessert, my boyfriend had cheesecake and I had the risotto pudding. Everything was wonderful! Our server was Maggie and she was an absolute delight. She answered all of our questions and made suggestions including wine which was great. She even brought the owner, Christian, over to meet us so we could pay him our compliments. He is very nice and was appreciative of our comments. My boyfriend and I then went on 2 other occasions and sat at the bar for happy hour both times. The bartenders/servers were terrific! We had the salumi and cheese plates the first time. On the 2nd visit, we had pizza and some of the small sandwiches (meatball, crab salad, and prosciutto). Everything was just great. The house red wine is delicious. The happy hour pricing is excellent - a great value for what you get. The full dinner pricing is a little expensive, but so worth it for wonderful food and excellent service. We will definitely return again and again.

Reviewed February 17, 2011

We had a wonderful meal there. It is an excellent restaurant and thus, expensive. We were very happy but if you can't afford it, there are alternatives. Quality costs but if you can swing it, you should.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

Ate there Sunday night. First of all, ditzy hostess should ask if you want to climb nearly three flights of steep stairs before she takes you there. I just got my foot out of a cast and when she said "we're going upstairs" I had no idea that it was that steep and that many stairs! We felt like we were being punished because when we got there only one other table was occupied and there were so many vacant tables downstairs. Well, she should have asked if we wanted to use the elevator.

Waiter, John, was OK. Margherita pizza was ok, penne pasta in bolognese was too rich and had no fresh tomato flavor or zest at all. I did like their dippping sauce and Sunday night is half price wine bottles if you want. Fairly limited menu.

I had to laugh. I paid cash and asked for change, waiter brought me a 10 and 3 ones. If I didn't have a couple extra ones he would have had a $3 tip instead of $5 I was going to leave him $8 so he screwed himself.

Does a good business because of the location. Probably a good bar scene and has outdoor seating for better weather. Food is far better across the street at Palomino. You have lots of choices in that immediate area. Would never come back.