“Excellent food!”

The Eagle Food and Beer Hall
Ranked #10 of 1,954 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I visited this place today for my birthday for the face time.
The chicken : moist and was very good
Chicken chopped salad: fresh, delicious, and flavorful.
Pork sandwich: without bread excellent( probably the only gluten free meat option.
Mac and cheese: good, but needed a little salt
Collard greens:excellent, flavored to perfection
Spoon bread: sweet and tasty
Succotash: not good to me, but my dad loved it!
Maple bacon: SKIP IT, cold, sticky and just not that good.
Artichoke and kale dip: excellent, loved the cheese in it!
Honey sauce: hot, sweet and spicy, excellent

Overall I loved this place, I would go back again. Next time I'll try the pork sandwich without bread, the serving of pork was plentiful.

My only suggestion is that they need to offer gluten free options besides that salads and pork sandwich.

Visited May 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Awesome service, and management!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner! My husband being diabetic needed non sugar sweetener for his iced tea, they didn't have any. The manager was so kind he ran some place and got some. We had the fried chicken and it was excellent. My son ordered a chicken sandwich and it was very large we ended up bringing half of our food home. When we got there it was slow, but by the time we left it was very busy. Quite a wait. My husband had to go pretty far to get the car. I had a broken foot and felt really bad taking up a table for so long waiting on my husband to get back with the car. I apologized and they told me not to worry. I finally got up and went to the door and my husband wasn't there yet. The manager was so kind he brought me a chair. The entire experience was very good! I recommend!

Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING FOOD! outstanding service, and superb quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is a gem of Cincinnati. The fried chicken was AMAZING! The spicy honey dipping sauce is excellent and gives a unique twist! This is a must have for anyone who is a foodie. The drinks are also EXCEPTIONAL! Try this once and you will be addicted!

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Monday night and the place was busy at 6:30. Waited about 20" to be seated. They took our phone number and called us while we wandered up and down the street.
Limited menu (fried chicken is the star here) with a few sandwiches. We got a whole chicken to eat family-style and four sides (spoon bread, succotash, Mac and cheese and sweet potatoes: wow. Very delicious, large portions and value priced. They also have an amazing selection if draught and bottle beers. I would recommend a stop if you have the chance.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Good fried chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I recently went to The Eagle on a Thursday at 6pm and it was packed. We had the kale and cheese dip which was good. I had the fried chicken sandwich, it was crispy and very tasty, and the cole slaw inside the sandwich is a nice addition to cut a bit of the fried chicken fat. My friends had the fried chicken with mac and cheese, which was also good, although they thought the chicken was a bit salty. Overall the food was good and the ambiance was nice to unwind in the middle of a work week.

Visited March 2014