“I don't get the hype....”

Mc Cormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mc Cormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Transit: There is a Metro bus stop located one block east of the restaurant.
Description: McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant is located at 21 East Fifth Street, directly across the street from Fountain Square, close to Tower Place, the Convention Center & the Aronoff Center for the Arts. McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant serves more than 30 varieties of fresh fish & seafood flown in from both U.S. & international waters, available from menus that change DAILY. In addition to delicious seafood, we serve tempting pasta, poultry & beef specialties, prepared using fresh ingredients & served in a timeless & traditional presentation. We offer a private dining room that can accommodate groups of up to 160 guests. The restaurant provides custom designed menus that offer a variety of options to satisfy every guest.
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My meal here was good and the service was great. I found the menu selection to be very good but I just don't get why the high prices? I have discovered other restaurants in the area that I enjoyed more and the cost was much lower. You will probably be happy if you eat here but you can most likely eat someplace else for a lot less cost and be just as happy if not more.

There are newer reviews for Mc Cormick & Schmick's

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a wonderful anniversary dinner and it was in a great location, right downstairs and next to the Westin.

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were staying at a nearby hotel and walked to this restaurant. I love seafood and have always wanted to try this chain. Sadly, I was underwhelmed. We were aiming for "lupper" the time that my children call "unfashionably early" for dinner. We arrived too early for dinner they said and seated us in the bar area, but then when the waitress brought a menu she said it was time for the dinner menu. Huh? So, we were hungry and agreed to eat off the more expensive dinner menu.

I ordered a simple fish, broiled, with vegetables. It was just average, barely.

My husband who is not a fish-eating guy, ordered beef and though it was ok.

Service was spotty. A few minutes after we were seated, two groups came in and were seated nearby. They were ordering liquor in addition to meals and received more attentive service. I finally asked another waitress (who looked more like a hostess) to bring the check. She did and said, "so sorry, she just's busy with that bigger group." Huh?

So, maybe if you show up right in the middle of lunch or right in the middle of dinner or just to have a drink while seated at the bar...you will receive wonderful food and service. Otherwise, take a pass. We certainly will.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife loves seafood so I gave up steak to please her. Whattaguy, right? The staff was friendly and helpful and seemed to take a nice interest in pleasing us. The food was good...not great but remember I'm a steak guy! I decided to try the Chef's Halibut feature of the night and it was done perfectly. Wasabi potatoes were new to me and I enjoyed them. My wife, of course, was delighted with everything.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We're seafood fans, my wife and I. Every time we've visited Fountain Square in Cincinnati, I would tell her that someday we were going to try "that seafood joint on the corner." So, in March, for our fifth anniversary, I made a reservation.
The atmosphere was a little more stuffy than we would normally prefer, but this was a special occasion. I even wore a tie (with jeans, of course). If, however you are concerned with dress code, M&S claim to be business casual. If you aren't sure what that means, I would suggest looking it up. Know, though, that they didn't turn away anyone in jeans and a t-shirt.
Our waiter was extremely kind and helpful. My wife and I both ordered the Ultimate Mixed Grill, which I would highly recommend if you like a little variety. Everything was fresh and delicious. Admittedly, I'm not normally a huge fan of scallops, but these were like chewing on little, aquatic, heaven-clouds!
If you're in search of an affordable night out in Cincinnati, keep looking. There are plenty of great eateries. But, if you're willing to throw down on a fancy night out...and you love seafood, look no further. M&S is as delicious as it gets.