“So many better options elsewhere”
Review of Nectar - CLOSED

Nectar
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This restaurant was unimpressive from the start. Greeting was poor and delayed. Wait to get a drink was no less than 15 minutes. The food was mediocre for the price. The server was very nice and was the only saving grace to our experience, but the experience was poor none the less. Given the menu and quality that we have experienced, I doubt that we will give this restaurant another chance.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have patronized Nectar for many years but I have never written a review. It's about time. Nectar has many good and unique things about it. The chef cares deeply about her food, quality, presentation and keeping things local. This bodes well for the more discerning diner. The food style can be characterized as eclectic contemporary, sometimes also including modern variations on traditional dishes. It is always the best quality.

In the years we have been going to Nectar we have occasionally had dishes in which the flavors didn't quite mesh, but on the whole it is well-prepared and appetizing food. Certainly a good bet for those who want a step up in their dining experience. Ambiance in the restaurant is wonderful - warm color tones and very cozy and inviting.

Three further points: wine list is limited and often out of date in terms of what is available (a draw back for us because we love good food and wine parings), and the service can be slow. Finally, this is not a cheap restaurant. However, for those who want good quality and caring, creatively prepared food it is worth it.

1  Thank krisztinav
Reviewed October 20, 2012

As part of a party of 12 we had dinner here on a Friday night and had a wonderful experience. Chef Julie keeps her menu small but ever changing depending on what is locally available. Our party tried about all the entree items on the menu and everyone was happy with their choice whether it had an Indian, Italian or Moroccan influence. The butternut squash soup was outstanding. Two items that need to be mentioned are that the kitchen is small so service can be a little slow and portions are not large but if you want a leisurely paced outstanding meal Nectar is the place.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

No hostess, slow service and we sat forever for acknowledgement and water. When we did get our food nobody checked in on us. For the price I would skip their brunch and go to iHop. It's just as good. The food was ok but nothing I could not do. The place was severly understaffed. Walk on by.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food? Delicious and beautifully presented. The service? Atrocious. Our first time at Nectar was a busy weekend night, the tables were full and the servers were clueless. I watched as our appetizers and then our entrees were delivered to the wrong table before making it to us. As I was seated facing into the center of the restaurant, I saw the same thing happen to other tables 4 or 5 times in the course of the evening. The fresh bread was delicious, but rationed out individually - ½ piece per person and never an offer of more. I ordered a beer (which I had to pour myself), and the staff left the empty bottle on the table for the entire rest of the meal (almost 2 hours, because the food was SLOOOOOW coming out of the kitchen) and never did ask if I might like another. In fact, they filled my empty beer glass with water and never cleared the bread plates after the appetizers (it’s not like we were using them for bread!) so that our small table was cluttered with dirty dishes and extra glassware the whole meal. Frankly, I’ve had better service from high school students working at chain restaurants. Additionally, the place was extremely loud, so that we had to shout to carry on a conversation, and the air conditioning couldn’t keep up with the crowd. By the time the entrees finally arrived we were sweltering. All this to pay over $20 for half a chicken thigh with some quinoa – which was very tasty, but SO not worth it. We will not be back.