“Lovely people, excellent place”

Six Acres Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 16 Cincinnati B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The owners are friendly. The breakfast is delicious, and during one breakfast the cook told us the history of the house, which was once a stop on the underground railroad. The room I stayed in (Sallie Mae) was large and comfortable. Definitely a charming, historically interesting place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mare1126

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband booked this B&B for mini getaway~we live in Columbus, so only a 2 hour drive to another city for us~last minuet and Kristin was a joy to work with~and Mark was a delight as well!
We arrived at 8'ish on a Thursday night, he graciously assisted my husband bringing in our bags up stairs to our room and shortly after we arrived he brought us fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies! We stayed in Dixon's Room the first night~Large King bed, which was "too hard for my liking" others may like a very firm bed~the room was large and more than adequate, private bath was roomy, would have liked a little more light for applying makeup, but loved the size~

We stayed the other nights in Grace's Room, Queen size, shared bath, LOVED this room, warm and inviting, the bed was super comfortable, less firm mattress~yes it was a shared bathroom they provided very plush robes and we didn't have to share the bathroom as no one was staying in the room adjoining~ Lucky for us! The breakfast one morning from Kristin, and the other from Mark, both delicious, and filling, perfect~great conversation(one of the reasons I LOVE a B&B).

Now, I have taken the time to read through all reviews on TA for this inn~ I will attempt to address~ I am not a novice at B&B's, have stayed at many~this home is NOT perfect condition, but not a museum either~it is very homey, welcoming and full of history, I like B&B's due to their individuality~non cookie cutter design~if you're looking for a five star resort don't stay here~bring your own personal soaps~washes etc,

As far as location, it clearly states it's 15 min from downtown Cincinnati~if you're looking for a country setting clearly this is not the B&B for you. We used GPS, and had no problems navigating the city, BB RiverBoat Sunset dinner/wine tasting tour was great, Mt Adams district, highly recommended, Findley Market place~great place on Saturday morning~

We would return to revisit what we feel have become "new friends" to us~
The home is full of history~part of the Underground RailRoad~be sure to ask about the hidden room~

Room Tip: Firm bed, the King room Dixon (too firm for my liking~can hear some traffice from street-not bothers...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I spent the weekend at Six Acres with 6 other people from the Cleveland area. When we arrived late on a rainy Friday night Mark met us with an umbrella and a warm hello. My firiends and I were on a weekend excursion to the Underground Railroad Freedom Center and the Cincinnati and Taft Museums. Our group included singles and couples. Kristin and Mark are outstanding innkeepers. We loved breakfast. Our rooms were nicely appointed with furniture consistent with the year the home was built. We enjoyed every inch of the house. We listened to awesome stories Kristin and Mark shared about the house and people who lived there. The house has a rich history that Kristin and Mark warmly brought alive for us. I plan to return to Six Acres real soon. I would suggest this establishment for anyone who travels to Cincinnati. You can not beat the wonderful hospitalty at Six acres.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on 8/9 we stayed in the Sallie Mae room which had a king sized bed and a private bath.Mark greeted us and was very helpful with info about the area restuarants we ate at Moes Pizza very good.
the house is charming the Breakfast was very good,Thanks Mona for great Breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay! The room was perfect for us. Thank you so much for your hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Our first time at a B&B and it was awesome! Kristin warmly greeted us when we arrived and we couldn't have asked for more! We stayed in the Grandma Dixon room which was huge and king bed was so comfortable. Our breakfast the next morning was delicious and had nice conversation with other guests and Mark. The house was charming and clean and such a great piece of history saved by an amazing lady. We will definately go back if we are in the area again! Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Just got back from our second visit to Kristins wonderful B&B , Six Acres is a happy and warm place to be. From great talk time to warm cookies and restful sleep ,my aunt and i were well cared for - ooh the breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family