“Enjoyed it. Will return.”

Mirage Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #585 of 1,969 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Enjoyed it. Will return.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We visited Mirage with friends and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Please remember to bring your own bottle--which we knew in advance and visited a nearby wine/beer store and planned accordingly. My wife and I tried to visit 2-3 years ago when they were in a much smaller space, could not get in, so it was good to finally get in. The new, expanded space is nice. I liked hte large painting of (I presume) Mount Ararat over the cashier's stand. Sampler appendizer platter was wonderful. The baba and hummus were perfect. They have the best pita bread I've had in some time. Stuffed grape leaves, dolmatas I think in Greek, forgot the correct name at least in Armenian which is the basic couisine of Mirage, was great. My wife had the kibbee (Armenian spelling?) and it was great. I had the lamb shank and it was really good. The Russian potatoes were really good. The server was very attentive, very friendly and was really cool about taking our beer to the frig and bringing it back when it looked like we needed more. There was a slight language barrier but she was so, so pleasant it wasn't an issue. The prices were extremely reasonable in light of the food quality. It's a little out of the way for us to visit too often but I look forward to trying Mirage again.

• Visited January 2013

“Best Kabobs ever, love the BYOB”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I been frequenting Mirage for years and it is our favorite restaurant... ever! Perfectly seasoned kabobs are the highlight of the menu: chicken, lamb, beef, pork, it does not matter, all are delicious and tender. Some of our favorite appetizers are the carrot paste, babaganush, and red pepper paste. The lentil soup is outstanding. Plus, with their BYOB policy you can bring your favorite adult beverages. The staff are always very nice and helpful and the owner is wonderful. We once had family in from out of town and came over for dinner when they were having one of their nights when the Russian singers were performing and the place was packed to capacity. We thought we would have to go elsewhere but the owner recognized us and squeezed us in at a small table. We were so thankful! Our family loved the food. Everyone we bring there enjoys it. Can't say enough good things about Mirage!

cincinnati ohio
“Our New Favorite Place!!”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We love this place! We had been looking for a restaurant locally that serves delicious kabobs, and we found it! Mirage serves mouthwatering kabobs! We always get the combo kabobs, so we can share. The chicken, lamb and beef kabobs are well seasoned with a great marinade and grilled to perfection. I love it when there is a bit of char on the meat. Tasty! The lentil soup is really good, and they make excellent hummus. Very delicious with nice lemon and garlic flavors, and good, warm pita to enjoy it with. Another highlight are the Russian potatoes. So good, and a great value!

• Visited February 2012
Bangalore
“Lucky!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I had read so much about melting pot, that u wanted to go there, but since it was friday night, we had to wait, and since I was really hungry, we decided to try something closeby. I had 2 choices which I hadn't been to Korea house and mirage. Decides to give this a shot and trust me it was mouth watering. We wanted the spice levels to be on the higher side and trust me they had perfected it. Try the chicken or lamb kobab and than( an amazing drink made with youghurt). For those Indians out in cinci .... It's taste like home food. Than is more like lassi.

Vermilion, Ohio
“I'm swooning now remembering their delectable food.”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I hesitate to give this good review as I'd like to keep the Mirage my secret. But I want to see them do well so they are always open when I travel the 4 1/2 hrs to Cincinnati to pick my daughter up from school to stop in for one of the best meals I have had in my life. I have had some truly wonderful meals traveling the southern provinces of the old USSR, Bulgaria, and a few Middle Eastern countries, but never as good as at the Mirage. The Mirage's recipes are flavored from areas all about the Black Sea. The flavor of their dishes is incredible. I ache for the beet salad, kabobs, Khinkali dumplings, and Russian potatoes so delicately spiced with crispy edges. The owners and family members working there are very personable and the prices are very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. I wish they would do a cookbook!!

• Visited December 2011