“Fancy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Boca

Boca
Reserve with OpenTable
Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,953 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Main and Walnut
Description: Italian food with heart, elegance, and authenticity. Details and passion drive our team to create an extraordinary dining experience. The daily changing menu offers authentic Italian cuisine fashioned with contemporary French technique. Boca is for your special occasions, for meeting up with loved ones, and for anyone who revels in food, drink, and service.
Brier, Washington
“Fancy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

In Cincinnati for the AP Reading and one of the nights is a "dine out". Our group regularly goes to The Rookwood on Mt. Adams, but they close Mondays, so a new place had to be found. Picked Boca from the inf. on their web site. While the server and food was truly excellent, if one is not careful the dinner tab will climb substantially. I enjoyed the pommes soufflées that come with a béarnaise dipping sauce, (excellent!) and a small plate of Pappardelle Bolognese con Prosciutto (good, but the Prosciutto must have been just waved over the plate, as it was difficult to taste. With a beer and after dinner coffee and a 20% tip that was included in the bill my tab came to just over $45. Others in our group that shared a bottle of wine, dessert and coffee tab came to just under $100 each.

Do go up the stairs and take a look at the WCs, quite unique and quirky.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“In my top 2 restaurants in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Visited the new Boca for the first time (I had been to the old one many times). The restaurant itself is a huge upgrade over the previous facility. It is much modern with several unique seating areas that all fit together. It was a little on the noisy side but it wasn't too bad.

The food is essentially the same as the previous restaurant. The food is very high quality and I have never gone wrong with anything I have ordered. Last night I had the pommes souffle (basically poofy french fries), which were really good. I was expecting an actual souffle, but this was better as it was lighter than I was expecting. Then I had the cacio e pepe (sp?) risotto. It's cheese and pepper risotto with a foam on top. Very good. Finally, I had the branzino with a bouillabaisse sauce. Very good as well. My wife had the tuna tartare appetizer, which was good but not outstanding, the brusells sprouts (which are one the best things I've ever eaten), and the chicken risotto (which she said was the best chicken she has ever had). While the food does taste great nothing bowls you over.

Our waiter was fantastic.

I really like Boca, but I prefer the food at Orchid's. I like the ambience better at Boca except Orchid's is a little quieter and more conducive to talking.

Toronto, Canada
“A Welcome Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Let's face it, Cincinnati is not exactly known as a culinary destination. That being said, Boca really brings it. From the decor, to the service, to the food, this is a world class restaurant that would fit in, in Paris, NYC, wherever. The wine list is extensive and pretty reasonably priced with by the glass options starting at $8. The cocktails were prepared with care and presented with understated elegance, which doesn't begin to cover the taste which was excellent. Of particular note is the Blueberry Bramble which came with cracked black pepper on top which was an interesting touch I had never seen before.

The food was incredible. I had the caramelized brussels sprouts followed by the pappardelle bolognese con prosciutto and the filet boca. Every course was spectacular. You can tell that they are using the finest ingredients in unique ways. Take the filet boca for example; it is served topped with a bearnaise sauce that has king crab in it, which infuses the flavor of the beef in a really special way. I am sure you can't go wrong with this menu. Don't hesitate when considering a reservation here.

Altogether, having one cocktail, one glass of wine, and the three courses the total was around $70 USD; not the cheapest but well worth it.

1 Thank gagnonsh
New York, NY
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Only restaurant I've been to in Cinci, but perfect in every way. Very nice decor, great service, but above all, food was incredible. Amazing tuna tartare appetizer, perfect desserts and amazing fish as main. Not one complaint, would go back in a heartbeat.

Cincinnati, OH
“Great dinner experience but not my style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My birthday dinner in May, 2014 included 2 of my adult children, my partner and 1 of his children(21 yrs. old) I have been in the food service industry all my career and I have dined in great restaurants for years. And Boca is a great restaurant. But my tastes have changed over the years and I am less impressed today by what the industry calls "fine dining." That doesn't mean the restaurants are not still great. It just means I don't need to be pampered and fussed over and I don't get "wowed" by particular culinary techniques and flavors. I had a really pleasant evening and we all thought the food was really delicious The interior of the restaurant is beautiful and I am sure they spent a fortune making it so. I think having the waiters in blue jeans and ties is a nice touch, bridging between casual and dressy. Service was excellent.
The menu is small, offering a few selections in every category. I guess it's nice that they feel really good about the few things they have instead of stretching themselves between a larger number of dishes. Apparently the menu changes monthly. Ours was marked as the May Menu so I guess that means it's different from the ones in April and June...I don't know that for a fact. Just presumption.
The most highly touted restaurant in the city makes you expect it will be pricey...and I think this one is. I also think the portions are on the small side. they want you to order 3 or 4 courses so maybe that's why the portions are what they are...the fish I ordered was a small piece. The risotto I had was good but it didn't bring me to orgasm. The beet and goat cheese salad I had was delicious...but I don't know if that will be offered if you go there another month.
In the end...i was thrilled to enjoy a pleasant evening and the place is great...I won't be running back right away because I don't need all of that. But I am glad it's there when I want it.

• Visited May 2014