“Fine, but prefer the old Boca”
Review of Boca

Boca
Reserve with OpenTable
Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,050 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Main and Walnut
Description: Italian food with heart, elegance, and authenticity. Details and passion drive our team to create an extraordinary dining experience. The daily changing menu offers authentic Italian cuisine fashioned with contemporary French technique. Boca is for your special occasions, for meeting up with loved ones, and for anyone who revels in food, drink, and service.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm always nervous when an excellent restaurant changes location. I loved the old Boca in its Oakley location. Decor wise, my wife really likes the new space, but I thought it was trying way too hard to be eclectic and trendy, and that ultimately this created a distraction from the overall dining experience. Put another way, in the old Boca, you didn't really pay attention to the details of the decor, but rather enjoyed great food in comfortable and generally intimate surroundings. In the new Boca, I felt that I couldn't help but be distracted by the decor, and the atmosphere is very different with large open spaces. In addition, I didn't think the food was quite up to the standards of the old Boca. In summary, this is still a very good restaurant (and I'm delighted to the see the resurgence in downtown Cincinnati dining), but I miss the original.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

There are two reasons to come to Cincinnati - one is Jeff Ruby's steakhouse, and the other one is Boca restaurant.

If you are after fine cuisine, Boca is the place for you. State of the art food and service. It is pricey but that's fair for eating at the best chef in Cincinnati.

I can not recommend a specific dish as everything that we ordered was superb.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have been going to Boca for years, ever since the Northside days, but not so much of late as we thought it had become overly expensive. We were therefore a little skeptical on our first visit to the new, much grander, location.
Well this is certainly very different from La Maisonette! The space more open, spectacular and noisier, but not as noisy as Sotto downstairs (higher ceilings and more subdued clientele).. That said we had a very good evening. The service was excellent, I am not that easy to please but could find no fault. The wine list is probably the most extensive in the city save for La Poste's cellar. Mark-ups however are on the steep side. I had the Mediterranean sea bass which was world class, as good as Le Bernardin! The caramelized Brussels sprouts were as good as ever and some passionfruit sorbet finished things off nicely. A white wine from the Jura, seldom offered in Cinci, went well with the fish. The check was not too bad!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We wanted to take our family from out of town to some of the new hot spots in downtown Cincinnati. Fortunately, we started with Boca which just recently moved from Oakley to the former site of the iconic Maisonette on Sixth Street. The restaurant remodel is amazing and sets the mood before the menus are delivered. We were taken care of by the team of Nicole and Jason, who did a great job. Suggestions for before dinner drinks and the wine for dinner were fabulous. Two members of our group had the Beef Wellington and it was amazing. One ordered the salmon in olive oil, and another the petite filet and both were delicious. I ordered the tasting size of the Corn Capalleacci pasta in browned butter and it was superb. Next time it will definitely be a full order! We all loved our entrees and shared an order of caramelized brussel sprouts and an order of pommes souffle--don't miss either. Because Nicole heard us talking about stopping next door at Nadas for a margarita, she spoke to the GM and they arranged for a table and a pitcher of margaritas to be waiting for us. Perfect ending and a great way to show the family how much downtown has changed. What a fun and exciting atmosphere!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very unimpressed. Fancy place with fancy people. Portion sizes were small and fairly expensive - more expensive than tapas, but cheaper than an entree. Brussels Sprouts were soaked in the vinaigrette that they didn't taste like the vegetable. Little-neck pasta had 2 clams. Service was very attentive and helpful. I probably wouldn't go back.