“Wonderful, Delicious Experience”
Review of Boca

Boca
Reserve with OpenTable
Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,961 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Main and Walnut
Description: Italian food with heart, elegance, and authenticity. Details and passion drive our team to create an extraordinary dining experience. The daily changing menu offers authentic Italian cuisine fashioned with contemporary French technique. Boca is for your special occasions, for meeting up with loved ones, and for anyone who revels in food, drink, and service.
Cincinnati, OH
“Wonderful, Delicious Experience”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I indulged in the chef's 7 course tasting menu with wine pairings a few weeks ago. The wine pairings were spot on, and each course presented different ingredient combinations with great depth of flavor. Particular favorites include the scallop with caramelized Brussels sprouts, the Skuna Bay Salmon (which was cooked perfectly and melted in the mouth) with green beans and beets, and finally the mascarpone cheesecake. Our attentive waiter explained every course along with the accompanying wine. The atmosphere was great for a dinner for two. The night did end up being rather expensive, but for an every-once-in-a-while splurge it was worth every dollar.

• Visited July 2012

Cincinnati
“Wonderful but pricey”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I rated it excellent due to the awesome food, service and great atmosphere. My only warning would be that you pay for it....as long as that doesn't bother you I would say it's one of my top choices in Cincinnati. If you're looking for a nice evening out for 2, you might want to go on a week night. The back room was particularly quiet and pleasant.

Visited December 2011
Cincinnati, OH
“Don't expect me to go back there”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food is so terrible I can't remember when I've had worse. I was stunned that food that was supposed to be "Italian" could be so bland. How is that possible?

1 Thank selewis
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Hands-down my favorite”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Moving to Cincinnati, I was apprehensive about the local restaurant scene, as everyone brags about their neighborhood being a test market for new chains (there are some decent chains, but the local places always have my heart). The food is creative and just wonderful, the sommelier is incredibly knowledgeable and the service is fantastic. Boca wins as my favorite Cincinnati restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank NicoleY76
Barcelona, Spain
“Still the best in town..”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have been going to Boca for several years and it is still the most creative and enjoyable restaurant in Cincinnati. Meals are innovative, service is pleasant and helpful, the sommelier is knowledgeable and clearly loves his job and the wine list is ample and fairly priced. Desserts could use a make-over. It is a pleasure to dine at Boca.

I am told that they are soon moving to downtown Cincinnati to occupy the space formerly held by such landmarks of a prior (and very much less discerning) time: La Maisonnete and Le Normandie. In a way, Cincinnati dining comes full circle. I hope that the feeling and "scene" will not be lost in the move. We will try it again when we are back in town in a year or so.

• Visited August 2012