“Great Happy Hour at the Bar” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orchids at Palm Court

Orchids at Palm Court
Reserve with OpenTable
Orchids at Palm Court is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,952 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Race Street
Transit: TANK bus stop across Race Street. Metro bus stop within one block.
Description: Orchids at Palm Court is an award-winning fine dining restaurant located in the National Historic Landmark Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. Executive Chef Todd Kelly is the American Culinary Federation's 2011-2012 USA Chef of the Year, the highest honor given by the 50,000+ chef organization. “Top Cincinnati Restaurant” by Zagat (2011, 2012, 2013) and named "One of the Top 100 Restaurants in USA" and "One of the Top 100 for Best Service in USA" by OpenTable, 2011, 2012 & 2013; AAA 4 Diamond (2006-2012). Orchids offers a contemporary American menu that is seasonally updated with local ingredients. With breathtaking French Art Deco including two-story Romanesque murals, rare Brazilian rosewood, German silver-nickel wall sconces & an original Rookwood fountain featuring two large seahorses all restored to the 1930s grandeur. Complimentary valet parking.
NC
“Great Happy Hour at the Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was in town on business and decided to eat light at the bar. I was greeted warmly by the staff and asked if they had any drink specials. They did and I enjoyed their house made Negroni along with a fantastic brussel sprout shrimp dish that had amazing flavor.

The room makes you feel like you are in a movie - old time luxury. Great piano player and terrific atmosphere. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
“High ceilings, art deco style.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great for a business dinner. Aside from what the reviews say, not be very best food in Cincinnati -- I was expecting better. I found the food a bit heavy/creamy for my taste. The service was outstanding. The room is impressive. Really excellent for a hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Geneva, Switzerland
“Gourmet food with stunning scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Fantastic food, fine cuisine and delicious ingredients, for a very good price. This is the best restaurant in Cincinatti, according to critics. I can definitely rate to that. Tasting menu is a must and very affordable, even with accompanying wines. Service is very friendly and effective. Worth trying and going back without any doubt !

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Food in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Orchids for the first time on 2/22 for my birthday. The food was amazing. Very inventive, very creative, and unbelievably flavorful. The service was spectacular. While the Palm Court is unique and interesting it doesn't make for great restaurant ambiance in my opinion. But, that doesn't concern me too much because when I go out to eat it is to experience the food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My fiance and I dined here for our anniversary recently. I figured, "go big or go home" so i decided to try one of the best restaurants in Cincinnati. The place is gorgeous and a little intimidating. I've been to fine dining establishments before, but the look of Orchids alone blew them out of the water. The service is wonderful--the staff was very pleasant and not stuffy (unlike most of the patrons). You will obviously spend a pretty penny here, even if you don't go all out with drinks and dessert. You will also spend at least 2 hours there--which I enjoy. No one is in a rush to get more customers in. They will also bring you a few small appetizers while you wait--as for the food, since their menus change so often, I'm not going to go into great detail. I will say that the presentation and style of the food is definitely sophisticated and beautiful and flavorful. Having said that, I went out on a limb with some of the items i ordered and i wasn't crazy about them. They were good and they were different, but I'd never order it again...my fiance loved the duck dish he ordered. Again, the food is like art and I can appreciate it. However, I would definitely go back just to have dessert. Orchid's pastry chef is incredible. I wanted a tasting of all their desserts! My dish included some homemade passion fruit sorbet and it was truly incredible! So refreshing and fruity and delicious. I'm drooling now just thinking about it. My fiance got a chocolate pudding cake thingy that was also amazing.
Anyway, this was a fun experience especially since we rarely get to do the full fine dining bit. Great staff, beautiful decor and food presentation, wonderful desserts!