“a great new breakfast / lunch choice”
Review of Sleepy Bee Cafe

Sleepy Bee Cafe
Ranked #52 of 1,969 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
dzucker@fuse.net
“a great new breakfast / lunch choice”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

1. Great food. Try the root vegetables. Lots of choices, interesting menu.
2. Local food, locally owned,
3. Attentive and friendly service, though there are lags
4. Has the feel of belonging in the neighborhood, but attracts prople from all around.
There can be long waits on Sundays for a table. They offer coffee while waiting. No reservations accepted and no call ahead seating if you're on your way which would be a help.

Definitely worth the wait.

“Healthy food”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I've been there twice, and I find the food to be pretty good. I am not what one would describe as a healthy eater, but if I were, the Sleepy Bee Cafe would merit a higher rating. The healthy eater in our group thought his food was very good.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“I just did not care for it”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My daughter took me there for breakfast 2 weeks ago. She loves it, I on the other hand did not. I found it to be a very loud restaurant which does not give you the opportunity to have a conversation with a person at your table unless you are loud. The food was not what I had expected either. My scrambled eggs were runny, my potatoes were limpish, and the catsup that they make I found to be nasty. I did like the toast however it had like 3 times the amount of butter anyone would ever need. The best part of trip there was people watching across the street from the restaurant. I would not go back there myself.

“Stopping for breakfast!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I've been watching the renovation on the building for months, wondering what was going on. Finally had time this week to go, and I went twice! I had the "Worker Bee" breakfast once and a grilled cheese and turkey sandwich the second time. Both were served with roasted root vegetables and a tangy housemade ketchup. These vegetables were a nice change from home fries. The coffee was delicious and I had several refills, which I usually do not do. The grilled cheese was a combo of 3 kinds of cheese and an inhouse roasted turkey breast. The touch of fig jam made this sandwich. My husband had a chicken salad which was a healthy option, but a little dry. We saw some beautiful omelets being delivered to other tables. There was a fairly long wait on Sunday, but it was made more pleasant with complimentary coffee, mini muffins and a nice waiting area.

Visited March 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“Funky little place in Oakley”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a funky little place with a nice ambience and a down to earth menu. My husband and I went here for lunch on a Friday. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table ... Not bad. The service was fine, and the food was VERY good. I had a salad and my husband had an omelet. The menu is creative without being wacky. My only complaint is that it is very noisy. A wooden floor and flat walls with framed pictures don't offer much sound absorption. And it is basically It is one big room. I would recommend some tapestries and/or some rugs. Otherwise a great addition to they neighborhood line-up.

• Visited February 2014