“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11180 Dowlin Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45241 (Formerly Arcadia Residential)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

My family likes to be left alone and be free to enjoy themselves without a lot of fuss; so in that respect I like the hotel quite a bit.
If you need to be catered to I will say this much; I personally watched the desk girl jog down the hall to catch up with a maid to ask about a pillow for a guest. Then she walked back to her post and served 3 more familys that were checking in. She was doing everything she could. She was kind and smiling the whole time. If that's not the service you want, you need to stay some where more expensive. The pool was clean and warm, and just out side of the pool is deck with a grill. If you want a hotel that csn make your stay easy in Cincinnati, this is it. Its relatively close to the zoo and all Cincinnati has to offer.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Rebecca G
Lori C, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 12, 2014
Thank you for such a detailed review! We truly appreciate you letting others know just how passionate we are to provide great customer service to each of our guests. It pleases us to hear that you were able to enjoy every aspect of your stay and took advantage of the amenities we have available. We look forward to providing you the same great service again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family and I reserved a room at this hotel and had our suite guaranteed for one night stays which was booked via a third party site. We called before arrival to inform the front desk that we would be arriving late and was told no problem. Mind you they did not ask for our name but was told no problem and assumed everything was good. When we arrived around 2am in the morning after driving 6 hrs. We were told that our guaranteed suite was given to someone else and it was an unfortunate mistake. hmmmmm. It was reserved and paid for. O.K. Fine mistakes happen and I understood. So when the Front Desk Agent told us that our party would have to stay in a double room. I said no that will not work because of the nature of our party. We needed a suite and the separation of the living quarters. I didn't feel I needed to explain why because we booked a suite and thats what I expected. I said to him since it is already late, we can just put half of our party in another room and the other half stay in another room and we can sort things out in the morning since the mistake was not our fault. I was told NO! that cant be done. I started to get very angry. I said are you kidding me? You guys gave away our room and want us to stay in a room that does not fit our needs and because of your mistakes we have to make all the concessions. The front agent told me it is either we stay in the double room or we get a refund. I nearly lost my mind. I said to him its 2am in the morning and we have children with us are you kidding me. He said unfortunately thats all he could do. So I asked for a manager. Apparently the manager was not on site and he had to phone him. So he phoned him and came back with the same thing, double room or refund and oh by the way our reservation only said 2 people and our party is more than that. So there were 3 adults and 2 little girls. Apparently a suite only accommodates maximum 4 people and a double room 6. How on earth that does a double room accommodate 6 people. Is it 3 persons per bed? I was very very angry and asked to speak to the manager on the phone and was told No I couldn't do that Mr. Pen or Pau. So all in all we got our refund and found another hotel the Marriott which we stayed in a suite and even received a cot. I didn't have to explain why we needed a suite but I was not going to have the other adult that my husband and I traveled with to share a bed with the little girls. No matter what suggestions we came up with we were told no and at 2am in the morning with 2 little girls had to find another place to stay because our guaranteed room was given away and we were forced to make a choice between compromising sleeping arrangements or finding another hotel. The Manager Mr. Pen was obviously not concerned about customer service he delivers to his customers. Although we knew we are just a number on the books, it was rather unsettling to know that the hotel made a mistake to which they admitted to and yet was not willing to make any concessions that would work for the customer. I know mistakes happen and that is not the issue but the way we were treated was very wrong. If it was noon time, I wouldn't even bother because we would have ample time to find somewhere else but it was 2am in the morning with kids that bothered me the most and there was no considerations given to the fact they made a mistake and in this case, please your customer. So basically, I will be Googling any of the Wyndham Executives I can find and will be sending an email of my complaint. This was just outrageous and unprofessional.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Bill J
Hotel M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Bill J,

Your reservation through Expedia was for only two guests in a room with one king sized bed and a sleeper sofa. Upon arrival, you had five people in your entire party. Expedia even has the occupancy limit on their website stating only four people maximum in the room type you reserved. Five people in a four person maximum occupancy room is a violation of the fire code. Our front desk clerk tried to accommodate your entire party by upgrading your room for free to a deluxe double suite which has two queen sized beds and a sleeper sofa. Our deluxe double suite can sleep six people maximum. Unfortunately, you demanded we give you an additional room for free and threatened to write a bad review online. We did have the room type you reserved but we will not violate state fire code nor will we submit to threats and blackmail. Hotel would also like to note that you did receive a full refund.

Best Regards,

Shaun Pan
Reynoldsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My overall stay was very good. T. The staff was very friendly. My room was very clean. Breakfast was good. Would like to see bacon added to breakfast. I have stayed at this hotel before, will stay there again in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

2 Thank cincy2014
Lori C, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are always delighted to hear from our repeat guests about their recent visit to our hotel. It pleases us to hear that you enjoyed another great stay and will be staying with us again on your next trip to the area. We look forward to seeing you again soon!