“Hawthorne Suites Cincinnati”

Reviewed July 9, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
2  Thank Barbara O
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The executive suite was just what we needed and the pool was refreshing after a long weekend. Thanks, Ricardo for your help and recommendations! You made our stay a pleasant one! We will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: The executive suites on the back side of the hotel are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Bethany D
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you Bethany D for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We appreciate it a lot. Ricardo is a great associate and we’re so happy to hear how he made your stay such a pleasant one. We will certainly pass along your compliments to him and we know they will make his day! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very friendly staff that goes out of their way to help you. Ask for Ricardo, he went above and beyond my expectations. The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. We had a small leak with the bathroom toilet that was fixed promptly before there was a big mess. Excellent location. When I return to Cincinnati, I will definitely return to the Hawthorn Suites. I would highly recommend that anyone else traveling to Cincinnati should stay there also.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Betsyb6
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, Ricardo and all the staff here really appreciate it.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you again when you visit Cincinnati!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed three night and were very satisfied with the room and staff. It was Ricardo who checked us in. The room was clean with a nice kitchen. The morning breakfast was ok, but nothing to get excited over. The pool was a little small, but ok. Still would recommend this place.

2  Thank Anneliese J
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, as your opinion is very important to us. We welcome any suggestions to our services, including breakfast items. We are glad to hear that you would recommend Hawthorn to others.
We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Made a reservation in march for a stay in june. Received confirmation. When I arrived at 5:30 p.m. on the date of our stay- only 1.5 h after check-in-I discovered they had given away our room. As we had travelled 450 km and been on the road for 8.5 h I was miffed to say the least. The woman at the counter said they had run my credit card earlier in the day and it was invalid-it had expired in April. They had tried to call and email, but I did not receive them as we were on the road already. What truly bothered me is that when I told the woman we needed a room, she simply stared. She made no effort to find us another room and in fact blamed us for the problem. I had to insist they make the problem right and she simply kept insisting they had no obligation to assist us in any fashion. Finally, she said they had no rooms available and could do nothing more. After I complained loudly, the manager finally agreed to call around to assist us in finding a room. While he was doing that, my husband walked to the Holiday Inn next door and explained our problem. They had no rooms, but called an affiliate nearby and found us a place. They were super!

The staff at the Wyndham were rude and unhelpful. I understand the card on file had expired, but cannot understand why they hadn't indicated in the reservation that the card would be a problem, as the Hampton Inn had done, nor why they had given away our room so quickly, before the late check-in time. I discovered later that there were several big events in town and I suspect they were able to get the full rate for the room, rather than the discount rate we had been guaranteed. I will not stay with Wyndham again.

3  Thank Annasgirl
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

It is standard hotel practice for every hotel to only accept valid credit cards to guarantee a hotel room. As a courtesy, we tried numerous times to contact you. Also, our hotel did hold a room for you until 6pm even though your credit card was invalid.

If you try to book a reservation on our website, it states right in the box to enter your credit card:
”We require a valid credit card to confirm your reservation and guarantee your room. Any required deposit or pre-payment will be charged to this card in advance of your arrival.”

Upon arriving at our location, you told us yourself that you knew your credit card was expired. As the hotel, we have no knowledge of what was affecting the validity of your credit card. Without a valid credit card, a hotel room cannot be guaranteed.

Also, the front desk clerk was the one who agreed to try and find you a room elsewhere. She did her best calling all hotels she could find numbers for in the Sharonville and even West Chester area before you departed.

We hope that you will give a chance in the future to make a better impression.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a relatively new hotel which is located at the end of a sort of "hotel park" on the north end of Cincinnati. We just needed a place to stay overnight before heading to the Creation Museum southwest of Cincinnati; the hotel is not far off highway 275 which got us to the museum in only about 30 minutes.

When I booked through priceline.com I inadvertently chose that night as the check-in (instead of a week later!). Since it was short notice, I didn't qualify for free cancellation however, the service rep contacted the hotel directly and they changed my dates at no charge. Thank you Hawthorn staff!

Our room had a full size fridge and kitchen counter/sink along with a stove top, microwave, dishes, cutlery etc. which was great for preparing our packed lunch for the following day. The free breakfast had sausage patties and eggs as well as the usual cereal, bagels, juice/milk/coffee. Although there were available tables in the breakfast room, we opted to bring our food back to our room and eat at our leisure. There's also a nice outdoor patio right off the breakfast room but it was raining so no one was making use of that.

The only surprise was that there was only a thin slip that covered about a third of the bed (crosswise). It looked nice but wasn't warm enough for me; my spouse needs the a/c cranked whereas I like to be toasty at night. I don't have a lot of body fat to depend on so I need a sheet/full bedcover combination. I took a chance on the sheets being warm enough on their own but by the middle of the night they proved to be insufficient. It's not that I froze to death but had I hogged the bedslip cover thingy and strategically wrapped myself in it before dozing off, it probably would have been fine.

We came too late and left too early to use the pool but it looked nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank neenieburger
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel! It was our pleasure to move your stay dates for you.

I do apologize if you mistook our white comforter for a bed sheet. All of our comforters are placed inside of a duvet. Next time you stay with us, please know that we would be more than happy to provide you with extra blankets. Contact the front desk at any point in time as we are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible!

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Cincinnati!