“An absolutely wonderful stay!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Indianapolis, Indiana
“An absolutely wonderful stay!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at the Hawthorn Suites! I must start with the staff. EXCELLENT!!!! Mae checked me and my family in and was very helpful and witty and I liked her personality. Annessa checked us out and I wanted to take her back to Indy with me because she felt like a long lost relative. She was so sweet and gave me extra cookies for the road! They have an excellent, caring, fun staff. The breakfast lady Prissy was the absolute best! She was on top of everything. If anything was running low, she was right on it to fill it back up and the area stayed clean and stocked. Prissy had a wonderful attitude! Secondly the room was great. We had a two room with king beds suite. the rooms were very nice and clean and had plenty of towels! The toilet in the bathroom in my room needed a little more attention but it wasn't horrible. The cleaning people need to remember to wipe the bottom and bases all around the toilet not just the front. Other than that the room was great. The kitchen had everything and the living area was big enough for all of us to lounge and be relaxed. For this to be a mothers day weekend with 2 mothers and 2 daughters this was the best hotel and we felt so relaxed and comfortable. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here! Kudos to the staff!

Room Tip: the 2 room king bed suite is awesome for 5-6 people are sharing the expense!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Lamerejolie
StephanieBorders, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review about our facility and staff members. I could not ask for a more wonderful team to work with! I will be sure to pass your compliments to everyone at our facility. Thank you so much again for choosing our hotel as your hotel of choice. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Cincinnati.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while in town for my nephews graduation. Staff was very polite during check in. My room was very nice and included a 42 inch flat screen TV
Breakfast was good. I really enjoyed my stay here!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Chris B
We appreciate your kind words about our facility. We are very glad that you enjoyed our 42" flat screens! We hope to see you back again soon.
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was travelling across country with a pet, my calico cat, and wanted a comfortable place to stop for the night. I drove up under the wide canopy in a torrential thunderstorm---plenty of room to unload and stay dry. There were four luggage carts waiting just inside the door. Annessa at the front desk was both professional and welcoming, much appreciated as the whole area was under a tornado watch and the black sky was enough to frighten anyone out on the road. I picked up a couple of free chocolate chip cooking on the way to my first floor room, wheeling the luggage and the cat in her crate, and had a very comfortable stay at a very reasonable price. Easy access to both the interstate and the city itself. It wasn't a four star hotel, but it was very good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Jothomas2014
StephanieBorders, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a comfortable stay with us. Annessa will be delighted to hear your compliments about her! We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 19, 2014

me and my friends stayed at hawthorn suites. it was a very clean and customer friendly place. the rooms are spacious and the place also has a nice pool inside the property. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kymberlee W
StephanieBorders, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We are so glad your enjoyed our heated indoor pool and spacious rooms! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and your friends again soon!
Maumee, Ohio
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was the best Suite we have ever stayed in. The room was very clean and had to bedrooms with King size beds in each along with their own bathrooms. The common area had a pull out couch and full kitchen along w/dining area and work station. Their was penty of closet space in all areas.

We were in town for a Marathon run my son was participating in for his first time. We didn't know how long the run would take and the hotel was very accomidating in letting us have a late check out at 1pm. This helped us so much and they even told us we could have more time if we needed it.

The staff was very friendly. We loved our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 Thank Kim S
StephanieBorders, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you so much for the very nice review on our hotel! We are so glad that you liked our spacious two bedroom suite. It has been our pleasure to have you stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a lower-to-mid-range suite hotel. We reserved a suite but were put in a room without a separate bedroom. The bathroom did not have a counter, just a tiny wall-mounted sink with a small shelf for personal items. There was no fan in the bathroom either and lighting was poor. The furniture was uncomfortable, of low quality, and small...only one person can sit on the couch...my husband had to sit in the desk chair to watch TV. The "hot breakfast" selections were so poor I ended up having cold cereal. I got this room for a very low rate from AARP. If you are spending anything more than about $60-$75 for this room, you are paying too much. The Drury Inn close by is a much nicer place and worth the extra $$. We will be going back there the next time we visit Cincinnati.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
StephanieBorders, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We at Hawthorn however cannot locate the room you mentioned or your stay with us by your description. All of our bathrooms have ventilation, and all of our couches are pull out sofas so they are not small.

Please contact us because we would appreciate any further information you can give us as you are a valued customer.

513-354-1000
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Right from the start we were greeted by the friendliest staff member, Annessa! She really made our check in flawless and relaxing! We loved the additional Jacuzzi in the room! Definitely exceeded our expectations! The room itself was clean and spacious! The beds were extremely comfortable. But if it weren't for Annessa, we wouldn't be back! Thanks for making our first experience such a great one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank michelle h
I can say that Annessa was so happy to read your review about her. It definitely made her day! Thank you for kind comments about our hotel and front desk clerk, Annessa. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!