“Overall the hotel was nice. they provided a map of local...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
New Whiteland
“Overall the hotel was nice. they provided a map of local...”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Overall the hotel was nice. they provided a map of local restaurant/stores which was very helpful. My only and biggest complaint was that you could hear every footstep from the room above us which was especially aggrivating when trying to go to sleep when there is a child running back and forth and you can hear it all. The second night I complained and it stopped but I have learned to now ask for a room on the third or top floor if I ever stay at your hotel chain again.

3 Thank Chris H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Oakton
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have been staying here several times a year since it opened. I was disappointed that they eliminated the evening food once a week. The price was also the highest I have paid.

1 Thank Wilma M
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Where should I start? At night and early in the morning, I heard foot steps above which caused me to wake up and made the room vibrate. There should be more insulation between the floors. In the bathroom I heard a knocking noise for about 1/2 hour. I ate cereal, a danish, and a banana because the eggs did not look like real eggs and the sausage looked greasy. In the room there were stains on the desk chair and that's why I bring my cleaning supplies. I couldn't get a channel on the tv
for a few minutes which was frustrating. The hotel needs a lot of renovation and not just in the breakfast area.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank traveler91750
Louisville
Reviewed July 23, 2013

One night getaway for my wife and I, check in was fast and professional. We reserved a queen bed studio but received a queen one bedroom at no additional cost. The hotel does have construction going on at the front of the hotel but once past the service desk you wouldn't know it. The rooms were super clean and right after we entered our room there was a knock at the door. It was housekeeping wanting to know if everything was ok with our room. When is the last time you had that happen? Did I mention there's a 42in. flat screen in the living area and the bedroom? With a dvd player in the living area. There is a complete kitchen if you want to prepare your own meals. We did spend about a hour in the small indoor pool where towels were provided. The breakfast was better than most in this price range and enough for most. The hotel is about 12 to 15 miles north of Cincinnati and that could be a problem if you need to travel during work traffic but not for us. At 84.00 per night a steal.

Room Tip: I ask for a quiet room and received a corner room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mharmonLouisville
Davisville
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The room was clean, but there was constuction going on in the lobby and outside. Also, the shower curtian was about 4 inches too short allowing water to run out on the floor from the walk-in shower. The breakfast was very good. Overall, this motel was a little dated but that's the reason for the constuction im sure, it was clean and comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

hawthorncincy, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel! I am very glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast we serve each morning! We greatly appreciate the kind comments on the cleanliness and level of comfort our rooms provide. I do hope you accept our apologies for the remodel, but am happy for your understanding the importance of updating the hotel.

We hope to see you during your next stay in Cincinnati!

Megan E.